LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Preseason trade alert! Eagles get Dorial Green-Beckham from Titans.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JDMathews49ers:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I would have sent them Brandon Thomas lol

Marcus Martin and maybe even Anthony Davis. If all they wanted was a lineman, we plenty to choose from. Still can't believe they traded DGB so easily.

What?! your not trading Davis for a guy who has done zip in this league. They must no something (Titans) in order to get rid of a 2nd rd pick.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
And now people are gonna hate on Baalke because he didn't trade for him.

this

Just another of many reasons of why we should get rid of Baalke, but as long as Jed York owns this team it doesn't really matter.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
A lot of 49ers fans wanted DGB. Some in front office did too. Ownership said "no thanks" to him being the pick in Round 1.
Originally posted by Jcool:
A lot of 49ers fans wanted DGB. Some in front office did too. Ownership said "no thanks" to him being the pick in Round 1.

The replies to his tweet blaming the 49ers are sad and confusing

Hmmm well I think ownership needs to butt out of player moves personally. Glad he wasn't a 1st rd pick
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Character, maturity and lack of consistency.

Now he gets to go to Philly and learn proper work ethic from Rueben Randle.

Yeah, betting a 1st round pick on DGB to get his head out of his ass in time to make a career for himself wasn't going to be wise. The Titans used a 2nd and that turned out not to be wise. If DGB gets his head right after this, it may just be that the Eagles reap the benefits.
Hmmm well I think ownership needs to butt out of player moves personally. Glad he wasn't a 1st rd pick

Agreed. As a rule ownership should stay TF out of the way. If the football guy making the picks consistently screws up then the owner replaces that guy, but let your football people do their jobs. As much as we (the 49ers) need a stud #1 WR, I don't know that DGB is that guy, and he certainly doesn't appear to have merited a 2nd (let alone a 1st) round selection either.
A lot of Niner fans wanted him in the first round. Glad Baalke knew better like a lot of his first round picks that worked out. He still may be a good wr, but dam that is aweful. Even if Baalke wanted him, I doubt it would of been a wise move PR wise after all the s**t the niners have had to deal with problem players.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Character, maturity and lack of consistency.

Now he gets to go to Philly and learn proper work ethic from Rueben Randle.

LOL that should be fun to watch. I guess DGB really didn't care to even learn the playbook. He'll fit right in next to Randle.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Well makes more sense why Tennessee would trade him:

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson
#Titans are upset w/ how Green-Beckham responded to demands. Told to work harder in offseason, came in out of shape. Didn't improve. #Eagles

Glad the 49ers didn't draft him, but I wouldn't of been mad if Baalke traded Brandon Thomas or Marcus Martin for him.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wow I didn't know teams are allowed to trade for players that are on other teams. The is great knowledge I just learned today, arrow up on me.
Who in the f*** is Dennis Kelly? This is low risk high reward trade for Philly. I wonder if the Titans found some dirt recently on him N shipped him before they cant get anything for him.

DGB was on my wishlist too
DGB as a rookie had more yards than any receiver still on this team not named Torrey Smith. Also has more career yards and touchdowns than either Patton or Ellington.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Didn't see this coming
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
DGB as a rookie had more yards than any receiver still on this team not named Torrey Smith. Also has more career yards and touchdowns than either Patton or Ellington.

This.
Share 49ersWebzone