LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

DeAndre Hopkins

Shop 49ers game tickets
Dude apparently walked out of camp. may hold out.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/759402655386968064
Wow didn't see that coming
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Baalke should be on the phone right now trying to work a trade, this is a guy I would give up high draft picks for.
[ Edited by Buchy on Jul 31, 2016 at 4:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Buchy:
Baalke should be on the phone right now trying to work a trade, this is a guy I would give up high draft picks for.

Would take 3 1's easily.
Originally posted by Zachary:

Would take 3 1's easily.

Maybe 2 from a team like the 49ers, but that's still a lot when you also have to pay him $16 million a year once his rookie deal is up.

I like Hopkins a lot, but that trade doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. We could end up with a top 3 pick this year and get Watson or Garrett on a relatively cheap rookie deal. If we get Hopkins, we may be a 6-8 win team with no first round picks the next two years. We need a WR, but we'll need to be patient and wait for next offseason when we have a ton of cap room to spend and some high draft picks.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Not worth the price.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Zachary:

Would take 3 1's easily.

Maybe 2 from a team like the 49ers, but that's still a lot when you also have to pay him $16 million a year once his rookie deal is up.

I like Hopkins a lot, but that trade doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. We could end up with a top 3 pick this year and get Watson or Garrett on a relatively cheap rookie deal. If we get Hopkins, we may be a 6-8 win team with no first round picks the next two years. We need a WR, but we'll need to be patient and wait for next offseason when we have a ton of cap room to spend and some high draft picks.
Dude probably saw that Will Fuller is making almost a million dollars more than him this year.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Dude probably saw that Will Fuller is making almost a million dollars more than him this year.

Whaaat that's absurd
Three 1st rounders? No one is going to shell that out. Those first round picks are gold dust nowadays with the cap and the 5th year option. Plus there is only one year left on his contract plus the option.

• lazy
  • Veteran
Too expensive.
Guy deserves a new deal
Houston would never trade him.
I'd give up a couple 1s for him.
He's already back at camp.
Share 49ersWebzone