LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 348 users in the forums

Could Von Miller become a 49er? (re-signed with DEN)

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's July 11th and Von Miller still hasn't signed his franchise tag contract. Apparently Von has no qualms about sitting out some regular season games if he doesn't get the lucrative contract extension he is seeking while John Elway seems content on playing the negotiation chicken game. Meanwhile the 49ers are flush with cash having cap space in excess of $48 million and a GM who has said numerous times you can never have enough good pass rushers. Not one 49er had more than 6.5 sacks last year and beyond Aaron Lynch it's a guessing game as to who will be able to apply consistent heat on the QB.

With a largely young and albeit talented but inexperienced crop of CBs the 49ers could benefit with an improved pass rush. The question is would Baalke even be interested? Since 2013 he has drafted Tank Carradine, Eli Harold, Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner, Corey Lemonier and Ronald Blair in hopes of bolstering a sagging pass rush that lost it's most talented player in Aldon Smith at the beginning of TC last year. Odds are Miller gets his extension before the season begins but I wonder if Baalke has phoned Denver to gauge their interest and see what it would take to land Miller in a trade? Obviously it isn't only about what Denver would want in return but how much and how long Miller is seeking in compensation.

With an aging Ahmad Brooks and an unproven talent in Eli Harold I think a move like this would make a lot of sense for the 49ers. Miller is an elite talent at a position of need so I would have no problem with him coming in and instantly being one of the highest paid players on the team and more importantly I don't think the current roster would mind either. It would all come down to draft picks and how many the Broncos would covet. The only scenario that scares me is giving up next year's 1st round pick then finishing 2016 with a record that could garner a top 3 pick and missing out on a franchise QB. Either way the 49ers end up with a premium pass rusher, a game changer in Von Miller. I hope the 49ers have looked into this possibility because I think it would go a long way in regaining some trust and faith from the fan base while instantly transforming the defense into something that opposing offenses will have to worry about. With all that said the liklihood of this happening is slim to none.
Why would he want to come here? This team is such a mess. If I was him I would avoid the 49ers like a plague.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Why would he want to come here? This team is such a mess. If I was him I would avoid the 49ers like a plague.

Which begs the obvious question.
Time to flash some cash.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Well you see, there's this thing called money...
No.
what do you think they'd want for him in a trade one thing giving him a butt load of cash another giving him that and giving up a s**t ton of draft picks....Baalke isn't doing that lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:
what do you think they'd want for him in a trade one thing giving him a butt load of cash another giving him that and giving up a s**t ton of draft picks....Baalke isn't doing that lol

You forgot blood of a virgin queen from an alien planet.
We'll buy him and Alshon Jeffery. Just watch.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Baalke would have to do some Lord of the Rings/Conan the Barbarian s**t to make that trade happen.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 12, 2016 at 7:39 AM ]

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Kap and Brooks and Bruce Miller for Von
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
Kap, Paraag, Brooks and Bruce Miller for Von

FTFY.

Sorry, I think you meant identical twin Virgin Queens from an alien planet, trained from birth to be courtesans to further advance the aims of the Empire. Just one of them wouldn't do. And the actual twins,not their blood.

Seriously, it would probably involve raping our next draft.
Originally posted by mojave45:

Sorry, I think you meant identical twin Virgin Queens from an alien planet, trained from birth to be courtesans to further advance the aims of the Empire. Just one of them wouldn't do. And the actual twins,not their blood.

Seriously, it would probably involve raping our next draft.

No way both twins would stay virgins! Not in this day of peer pressure. Even if Von sits out this year the Broncos will hold his rights until next year and tag him again. Unless we offer our 1st round pick for the next 2 or 3 years and threw in a couple more picks and then maybe John Elway would think about it.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yes.

Share 49ersWebzone