There are 281 users in the forums

Andrew Luck 6 years 140M

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
I think you're missing the point yet again. He is right all of those quarterbacks have won championships, luck has not. If you want to say luck has only played four years so give it some time that's OK. However, the point you are missing is some of those other quarterbacks have never done as horrible or even close to as horrible as Andrew luck has in his colossal failures with great wrs, tes and OC. We are not talking about a playoff victory or a playoff defeat. You yourself even said it's a team sport A lot of the time in determining a win or a loss. If you don't agree with this you are being hypocritical because we are talking about the performance of one player at The most important position. Andrew luck is the one throwing all the incompletions and all the interceptions not the defense not the offensive line not the receivers. Andrew luck is making the poor decisions and those other quarterbacks that you mentioned really did as poorly as luck??? No way. Even when Brett Favre through six interceptions against the Rams he still made plays during that game. Luck does not have that in him yet. Luck can't score points under pressure. All those other quarterbacks can and did oftentimes. That is a fact sorry.

I swear, it's like he doesn't want to get it. You can't simultaneously argue that football is a team sport while drooling over Luck, then blame the defense when the offense led by HIM collapses in the playoffs. It just defies all logic.

Throughout this thread I have said numerous times that Luck is a young QB, and I don't doubt for a second that he will improve. At the same time though, his youth doesn't totally absolve him of responsibility. HE needs to play better in the playoffs. Period.

If you're waiting for him to have a suffocating defense, awesome special teams unit, and Pro Bowlers across the offense to get it done you're going to be waiting a long time. Such a thing rarely occurs in the NFL, which leaves it upon team leadership (i.e., the QB) to help make up for the shortfall. This is precisely why it's widely regarded as the most important position on the team.

Tom Brady (and to a lesser extent, Adam Vinatieri) was able to do it when the defense failed. Big Ben did it when the defense failed. Flacco did it when the defense was giving up ~30 points throughout his whole playoff run. Brees.

The list goes on.

Yet here dude is, with literally no end to the excuses for Andrew Luck even when he scores 7 points in a playoff game.

It boggles the mind.
[ Edited by baltien on Jul 7, 2016 at 9:16 AM ]
Wrong again. I've already pointed out to you that they have played that poorly and their teams have been blown out in similar fashion. And lol at them not having receivers similar to Luck's. Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, Marc Duper, Sterling Sharpe they all suck donkey balls. Those aren't weapons. The only argument you have is that in later years they grew out of it at times and won with better rosters. That's not something either one of us can answer because we don't know the future.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jul 7, 2016 at 10:03 AM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Wrong again. I've already pointed out to you that they have played that poorly and their teams have been blown out in similar fashion. And lol at them not having receivers similar to Luck's. Marvin Harrison, Jerry Rice, Marc Duper, Sterling Sharpe they all suck donkey balls. Those aren't weapons. The only argument you have is that in later years they grew out of it at times and won with better rosters. That's no something either one of us can answer because we don't know the future.

k
Originally posted by baltien:
I swear, it's like he doesn't want to get it. You can't simultaneously argue that football is a team sport while drooling over Luck, then blame the defense when the offense led by HIM collapses in the playoffs. It just defies all logic.

Throughout this thread I have said numerous times that Luck is a young QB, and I don't doubt for a second that he will improve. At the same time though, his youth doesn't totally absolve him of responsibility. HE needs to play better in the playoffs. Period.

If you're waiting for him to have a suffocating defense, awesome special teams unit, and Pro Bowlers across the offense to get it done you're going to be waiting a long time. Such a thing rarely occurs in the NFL, which leaves it upon team leadership (i.e., the QB) to help make up for the shortfall. This is precisely why it's widely regarded as the most important position on the team.

Tom Brady (and to a lesser extent, Adam Vinatieri) was able to do it when the defense failed. Big Ben did it when the defense failed. Flacco did it when the defense was giving up ~30 points throughout his whole playoff run. Brees.

The list goes on.

Yet here dude is, with literally no end to the excuses for Andrew Luck even when he scores 7 points in a playoff game.

It boggles the mind.

Tom Brady has only 1 ring as the non game manager qb. That's in the last decade of fielding elite offenses. Before that you're telling me they had poor defense? Show don't tell because I seem to recall great defenses and great rushing attacks led by Correy Dillon and Antoine Smith. Just because Carolina scored 27 points in a singular game doesn't mean their defense was poor. Baltimore won the Super Bowl with their defense averaging 30 points? Not quite. 9, 35 (double ot), 13, and 31. Try 21 points a game which isn't great but the defense did shut down Brady and Luck. It was a defense led by Ray Lewis and they held their own. New Orleans had the #2 rushing attack in their championship year and that's what really set them apart. The defense wasn't special though I'll concede that. Pittsburgh would be your best example the year they beat Arizona because they weren't great anywhere but there's always going to be some exceptions of a team just getting hot and going thru.

Having talent across the board happens all of the time and that's why it is so difficult to win it all.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jul 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM ]
Tom Brady has only 1 ring as the non game manager qb. That's in the last decade of fielding elite offenses. Before that you're telling me they had poor defense? Show don't tell because I seem to recall great defenses and great rushing attacks led by Correy Dillon and Antoine Smith. Just because Carolina scored 27 points in a singular game doesn't mean their defense was poor. Baltimore won the Super Bowl with their defense averaging 30 points? Not quite. 9, 35 (double ot), 13, and 31. Try 20 points a game which isn't great but the defense did shut down Brady and Luck. It was a defense led by Ray Lewis and they held their own. New Orleans had the #2 rushing attack in their championship year and that's what really set them apart. The defense wasn't special though I'll concede that. Pittsburgh would be your best example the year they beat Arizona because they weren't great anywhere but there's always going to be some exceptions of a team just getting hot and going thru.

Having talent across the board happens all of the time and that's why it is so difficult to win it all.

k
Tom Brady has only 1 ring as the non game manager qb. That's in the last decade of fielding elite offenses. Before that you're telling me they had poor defense? Show don't tell because I seem to recall great defenses and great rushing attacks led by Correy Dillon and Antoine Smith. Just because Carolina scored 27 points in a singular game doesn't mean their defense was poor. Baltimore won the Super Bowl with their defense averaging 30 points? Not quite. 9, 35 (double ot), 13, and 31. Try 20 points a game which isn't great but the defense did shut down Brady and Luck. It was a defense led by Ray Lewis and they held their own. New Orleans had the #2 rushing attack in their championship year and that's what really set them apart. The defense wasn't special though I'll concede that. Pittsburgh would be your best example the year they beat Arizona because they weren't great anywhere but there's always going to be some exceptions of a team just getting hot and going thru.

k

Wow this guy couldn't be so wrong. Ray Lewis was a liability in the playoffs. Unbelievably wrong. This argument is over and done. In the books. Bottom line we are not talking about winning games or losing them, we are more talking about choking and performing so poorly in the playoffs. Like this guy said, even rw Brad Johnson and other lesser qbs have "won it" with defense or other qbs have won it with their team helping HOWEVER, some of these qbs ACTUALLY SCORED MORE THAN 7 points here and there and didn't throw ints like candy and incompletions as well. Dammit how f**king hard is it to grasp that concept. Obviously very hard. Luck is a bad playoff qb so far. HIS PERFORMANCE AND DECISION MAKING IS HORRIFIC. not his defenses fault or wrs or tes or coaches fault he made those piss poor decisions and has chocked so far.

I would love to have luck as a qb, however when the playoffs rolled around, I would be worried as hell.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
BUT that just tells you that when playoffs comes, team with better players all around wins..

heck, IMO, Luck has the toughest job in the NFL among the young QBs.. All he has to do is replace a some guy name PEYTON MANNING.. .

Forgive the guy if he's yet to win a Super Bowl this early .. . Have most of you forgotten how good the COLTS was when Manning got injured, and Luck was still in Stanford??
Originally posted by 9moon:
BUT that just tells you that when playoffs comes, team with better players all around wins..

heck, IMO, Luck has the toughest job in the NFL among the young QBs.. All he has to do is replace a some guy name PEYTON MANNING.. .

Forgive the guy if he's yet to win a Super Bowl this early .. . Have most of you forgotten how good the COLTS was when Manning got injured, and Luck was still in Stanford??

Again you must forget what we were saying. We were NOT ripping on him for not winning a Super Bowl or even playoff GAMES, however we said when they do lose they lose mainly because of him and some other games because of the defense. One thing for sure, he's performing very poorly in almost every playoff game he's had and that is on him. Not the defense or OL or coaches or the great receivers or great tight ends. He throws incompletions interceptions and just plain does bad. And they are coming from behind quite a bit, so you would think he would have more garbage yards or touchdowns but it seems to me that he just can't get it done in the playoffs so far. Four years is a long time. He will get better, however we don't know if he will get better Under pressure. Because so far, his track record has been horrible.

k

Wow this guy couldn't be so wrong. Ray Lewis was a liability in the playoffs. Unbelievably wrong. This argument is over and done. In the books. Bottom line we are not talking about winning games or losing them, we are more talking about choking and performing so poorly in the playoffs. Like this guy said, even rw Brad Johnson and other lesser qbs have "won it" with defense or other qbs have won it with their team helping HOWEVER, some of these qbs ACTUALLY SCORED MORE THAN 7 points here and there and didn't throw ints like candy and incompletions as well. Dammit how f**king hard is it to grasp that concept. Obviously very hard. Luck is a bad playoff qb so far. HIS PERFORMANCE AND DECISION MAKING IS HORRIFIC. not his defenses fault or wrs or tes or coaches fault he made those piss poor decisions and has chocked so far.

I would love to have luck as a qb, however when the playoffs rolled around, I would be worried as hell.

You may be the most obnoxious poster on here and you have no idea what you're talking about in this case. Luck has played in 6 playoff games so far (4 on the road) and the Colts were only favored in one of those 6 games (they were underdogs at home against the Chiefs). Yes, he's put up some bad numbers in some of those losses, but he's also been forced to score a ton of points without much of a running game or defense. He can't take drive killing sacks and give the ball back on punts and trust his defense to save the day.

Yes, Andrew Luck has a bad passer rating and some bad games in the playoffs, but I would damn sure take him over Kaepernick and a number of other QB's who have better playoff numbers. You're putting way too much weight on those 6 games when his team was the underdog in most of them and playing on the road. He has 3 solid playoff games and 3 bad ones where he continued to throw the ball and try to come from behind. He's clearly shown he can carry a team in the playoffs or the regular season.

Colts playoff games with Luck:
2012-2013:
9-24 L @ Ravens (288 passing yards, 3 sacks, 1 interception and 1 fumble hurt them)

2013-2014:
45-44 W Chiefs (Luck brings them back from down 38-10 in the 3rd quarter - throws for 443 yards and runs for 45).
22-43 L @ Patriots (4 interceptions)

2014-2015:
26-10 W Bengals (376 passing yards, no interceptions or fumbles, only one sack)
24-13 W @ Broncos (265 passing yards, 2 TD's, 2 interceptions, but no sacks or fumbles) - bad passer rating, but solid performance on the road @ the Broncos
7-45 L @ Patriots (bad game again vs the Patriots)

Colts were 7.5 point underdogs @ Ravens, 1.5 point underdogs vs. the Chiefs, 7 point underdogs @ Patriots, 4 point favorites vs. the Bengals, 9.5 point underdogs @ Broncos, and 7 point underdogs @ Patriots. Winning 3 games out of 6 when you're only favored in one of them isn't bad. You're crucifying the guy for continuing to throw the ball (and force throws) when he was playing from behind against good teams in the 3 losses.

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads_2013_2014.shtml
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Jul 7, 2016 at 9:21 PM ]
Again you must forget what we were saying. We were NOT ripping on him for not winning a Super Bowl or even playoff GAMES, however we said when they do lose they lose mainly because of him and some other games because of the defense. One thing for sure, he's performing very poorly in almost every playoff game he's had and that is on him. Not the defense or OL or coaches or the great receivers or great tight ends. He throws incompletions interceptions and just plain does bad. And they are coming from behind quite a bit, so you would think he would have more garbage yards or touchdowns but it seems to me that he just can't get it done in the playoffs so far. Four years is a long time. He will get better, however we don't know if he will get better Under pressure. Because so far, his track record has been horrible.

Once again, that's a load of crap. He played very well in 3 of the 6 playoff games (their 3 wins). The performance against the Broncos was quite good if you adjust for playing against that defense on the road. The performances against the Chiefs and Bengals were great.

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

k

You may be the most obnoxious poster on here and you have no idea what you're talking about in this case. Luck has played in 6 playoff games so far (4 on the road) and the Colts were only favored in one of those 6 games (they were underdogs at home against the Chiefs). Yes, he's put up some bad numbers in some of those losses, but he's also been forced to score a ton of points without much of a running game or defense. He can't take drive killing sacks and give the ball back on punts and trust his defense to save the day.

Yes, Andrew Luck has a bad passer rating and some bad games in the playoffs, but I would damn sure take him over Kaepernick and a number of other QB's who have better playoff numbers. You're putting way too much weight on those 6 games when his team was the underdog in most of them and playing on the road. He has 3 solid playoff games and 3 bad ones where he continued to throw the ball and try to come from behind. He's clearly shown he can carry a team in the playoffs or the regular season.

Colts playoff games with Luck:
2012-2013:
9-24 L @ Ravens (288 passing yards, 3 sacks, 1 interception and 1 fumble hurt them)

2013-2014:
45-44 W Chiefs (Luck brings them back from down 38-10 in the 3rd quarter - throws for 443 yards and runs for 45).
22-43 L @ Patriots (4 interceptions)

2014-2015:
26-10 W Bengals (376 passing yards, no interceptions or fumbles, only one sack)
24-13 W @ Broncos (265 passing yards, 2 TD's, 2 interceptions, but no sacks or fumbles) - bad passer rating, but solid performance on the road @ the Broncos
7-45 L @ Patriots (bad game again vs the Patriots)

Colts were 7.5 point underdogs @ Ravens, 1.5 point underdogs vs. the Chiefs, 7 point underdogs @ Patriots, 4 point favorites vs. the Bengals, 9.5 point underdogs @ Broncos, and 7 point underdogs @ Patriots. Winning 3 games out of 6 when you're only favored in one of them isn't bad. You're crucifying the guy for continuing to throw the ball (and force throws) when he was playing from behind against good teams in the 3 losses.

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_point_spreads_2013_2014.shtml

And you have easily got to be the most oblivious poster that cannot make more inaccurate, not to mention more elementary arguments. You cannot argue the facts, you skirt the issue and throw in other lines of argument with only acknowledging....well they weren't favored or they were on the road.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That does NOT EXCUSE poor play. What's his td to int ratio? A hugeeeeeeee sign of a good qb? What's his completion percentage? Sacks could be his fault too not just the OL. Wow, dense much? Do you realize how many quarterbacks have not been favored to win the games and have been on the road in the playoffs and have performed well, a lot better than Andrew luck? Wow.

You are seriously self righteous and at the same time couldn't be more wrong. Hahaha. I'm still laughing at the denial and horrible rebuttals. On the road......not favored to win the game. That's what you have!??? Please stop making yourself look like a fool. Whoops. Too late.
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 7, 2016 at 11:26 PM ]
No point arguing with you if you can't even read. I said he can't afford to take sacks because he's been the underdog in a number of those games without a defense he can count on to get the ball back. Statistically, Luck has not taken many sacks in the playoffs but one of the results of throwing 45 times a game and being forced to carry the load offensively is that you're going to throw interceptions.

You continue to make false claims which are easily proven false (Luck's playoff record and his performance in individual games which apparently you didn't look at). Your entire argument boils down to his career playoff stats which anyone can easily see yet you're continuing to repeat yourself over and over tossing in arguments that are incorrect.

Never argue with stupid people, they will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
No point arguing with you if you can't even read. I said he can't afford to take sacks because he's been the underdog in a number of those games without a defense he can count on to get the ball back. Statistically, Luck has not taken many sacks in the playoffs but one of the results of throwing 45 times a game and being forced to carry the load offensively is that you're going to throw interceptions.

You continue to make false claims which are easily proven false (Luck's playoff record and his performance in individual games which apparently you didn't look at). Your entire argument boils down to his career playoff stats which anyone can easily see yet you're continuing to repeat yourself over and over tossing in arguments that are incorrect.

Never argue with stupid people, they will only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Truer words were never spoken. Great advice and dealing with somebody like you that is in denial about a person's performance. Blame shifting is a tactic you have down as well as denial. Seriously give it a break it's pointless with people like you. Maybe you should start defending other quarterbacks that have meltdowns in the playoffs. I have asked you to post touchdown to interception ratio completion percentage But it would be pointless and further prove my point as well as many others about how bad luck is in the playoffs. It's kind of pathetic at this point but that's part of your argument. I wouldn't even caught an argument, it's already a done deal. But hey stupid is as stupid does
[ Edited by elguapo on Jul 8, 2016 at 11:20 AM ]
so, let's be nice.
[ Edited by English on Jul 10, 2016 at 2:14 AM ]
Luck is looking real MVP today lol.
Share 49ersWebzone