There are 193 users in the forums

Andrew Luck 6 years 140M

Shop 49ers game tickets
I like Luck, but he's way overrated IMO. Tons of potential sure, but still isn't "there" yet IMO.

So far, he's had some pretty bad meltdowns in the playoffs.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Imagine if he had a good defense

Or any semblance of a running game.

OR didn't turn the ball over like a s**tty point guard. Or was half way decent OOC.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
NFLonNBC @SNFonNBC
Andrew Luck wants to buy a "robot ping-pong thing that can hit balls back at you" when he signs his new contract.
Originally posted by baltien:
I like Luck, but he's way overrated IMO. Tons of potential sure, but still isn't "there" yet IMO.

Yeah, I remember looking at his numbers before last season started and thought they were relatively close to Kaepernick's in terms of TD-INT ratio. Granted, Kaepernick had his worst season in 2015, but Luck's wasn't all that great, either.

And if there's one thing we've learned, it's that QB play declines after signing a huge deal like this unless your name is Aaron Rodgers...

Still, if Luck has a good year, this move will make the Colts look intelligent.
Only a handful of players in the NFL get paid serious money, whereas in baseball a .240 hitter gets 10 million guaranteed. The 12th man in the NBA gets millions. The shortened careers of all athletes in the NFL plays right into the owners deep pockets.
Gabbert's going to command $150M with $90M guaranteed.
Originally posted by 801niner:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Imagine if he had a good defense

Or any semblance of a running game.

Or a line

Or not throwing ints in the playoffs like candy! He is a great regular-season quarterback but playoffs are pretty horrible if not one of the worst I have ever seen for such a good regular season qb. Reminds me of favre. Great regular season but horrible in a lot of playoff games. And his wr and te cast has always been top notch. The OL average and defense above average so if he performed better he would of won a sb by now. Still a top qb but to me a bad qb under pressure until he proves otherwise
He's overrated but smart move by INDY to keep him.
But but but he regressed. How is this possible??!!!?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Gabbert's going to command $150M with $90M guaranteed.

They could have me for atleast half of that.

Originally posted by Jcool:
NFLonNBC @SNFonNBC
Andrew Luck wants to buy a "robot ping-pong thing that can hit balls back at you" when he signs his new contract.

I like his thinking.

I like Luck but 140m!!!
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Wow. Hopefully he can have a bounce back year.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:

Ditto! He's going to be another Dan Marino
if they can get him a top WR and RB, and strengthen that O-Line , they have a good shot at getting into the AFCCG every year
Share 49ersWebzone