There are 241 users in the forums

Which is important the defense or Russell Wilson leader.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by elguapo:
Also Graham is not good anymore because of Russell Wilson.

This is often lost in the media and NFL fans at large.

They probably think Graham has been nursing an injury all of last season.

Remember the Graham that caught that hail mary but pushed off against our DB two seasons ago? The one that did more against our 2011 defense than our 2015?

Totally disappeared that guy.

The fact that I hated him with the Saints and now does even less with the Hawks brings me pleasure.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:55 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Remember the Graham that caught that hail mary but pushed off against our DB two seasons ago? The one that did more against our 2011 defense than our 2015?

The fact that I hated him with the Saints and now does even less with the Hawks brings me pleasure.

Almost like night n day... just shows to go that it was more Brees / Saint's system than it was Graham. Now that he doesn't have a real good QB throwing to him, he kinda sucks like the QB he has now
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
On a real note doe, this is prolly more important than both

Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
Both are equally important. If it wasn't for some of his crazy plays against teams we would have not won. Lucky or not, we would not be making those plays with Flynn as our QB. He is hard to find and can run to get us first downs. MOST games are won by our D, but lately they have given up some points on big games. Wilson is the prototype game manager. Teams with elite D's need a GREAT GAME MANAGER. Be wonderful and all if every great D could have a perfect QB that can throw 5k a year and run for at least over 500. We don't have that. We have the run yards and a guy that CAN slow down the game with a running attack. Let our D sort it out. I have never been on the Wilson love wagon but he does fit the teams scheme. This is why we don't invest on O-lines and worry more about bringing in RB, and solid D players. This forum has said it enough that we don't have the best offense skill players, but the blueprint of a running QB with an elite tier D is what we will be building on for years till this regime leaves.

Sorry, but no. Russell Wilson is not as important as the defense and it isn't even close. You can cite his "crazy plays," but on those plays the receiver is usually the one making the crazy play. Wilson just lobs it up and somehow your mediocre receivers become top notch acrobatic pass catchers. The play that got Seattle down to the goal line in the Super Bowl before Russell Wilson threw the game losing INT is a good example of this. Maybe another QB like Matt Flynn wouldn't have even attempted the throw, but Wilson certainly isn't the person that made that play work. That play SHOULDN'T have worked. Without that ridiculous catch, Wilson doesn't even get you down to the red zone and you lose in a far less dramatic fashion. Later in your post, you go on to say "MOST games are won by our D," which proves you are aware that the defense is more important. Wilson's luck plays a role in your team's success, but without the defense holding opponents to low scores, your team would be losing a lot of games because Wilson cannot put up enough points to carry them to a win. Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees (a couple years ago), Andrew Luck - these guys manage to put enough points on the board to win games even if they have a mediocre defense. They are QBs that you can say are more important than (or equally as important as) their defenses. Wilson is not that kind of QB. A mediocre Seattle defense would mean a mediocre Seattle TEAM.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Jun 27, 2016 at 9:45 PM ]
Sighhhhhhh. I can't believe this is even a question. Having an elite defense for 4 years is what made this team.....and an elite rb in lynch. LOOK AT THE PLAYOFFS, Wilson has struggled so bad and been so behind as of late. He is a game manager at best and in the playoffs is a liability and an int machine. A choker. Sorry but that's the truth. He had trouble completing passes against s**tty gbs defense as well as others.

The defense has won almost all their games. In fact the only games where rw did great was against poor defenses and or secondaries. (Look at this last year when he was on a "roll") I often argued that most any above average qb did good to great against those s**tty defenses.....hell even kap did awesome against Baltimore. Haha.

Look at the stats that support this. In games where the elite defense has allo Ed more than 24 points what are the Seahawks.....???? 0-12 and they finally won their first game against Pittsburg when allowing over 24 points and you could argue if the steelers had the best back in the league playing leveon bell, rw and the Hawks would be 0-13.

It's not even a question. Stop the insanity.

I agree with everything, but especially the playoff part.

Had Wilson clearly beat the Vikings or pulled off the comeback against Carolina, I'd probably would have to bite my tongue and pride and say he's a great QB.

But neither of those things happened. And the best part is that his regular/post season tilt has ALWAYS been lopsided in the way you wouldn't want....

He went "on a TEAR" (god damn, I hate that word now because of people using it to describe Wilson).....throwing 18 TDs or whatever without an interception.....and then had a very pedestrian playoff performance.

Guess which maligned QB has often played better in post than regular season?

You look at Kap's 6 postseason games....4 wins and 2 losses, and in each game he played pretty well considering circumstance and opponent....baller stats in 2012 postseason, and really gritty wins in 2013 in the frozen tundra, a rematch against a team that beat him at Candlestick (Carolina), and his best ever game at Century Link by a wide margin.

Kap has never played in the postseason as poorly as Wilson in his last 4 games which include the last Super Bowl against New England and the Packers game. His only really GOOD postseason game was at home against Carolina, 2014.

Why bring Kap into this?

Because Kap for all of his supposed faults did really well in the postseason in his 1st full season starting (against IMO superior competition).....and don't forget how rough the first 8 or 9 games of 2013 were for Kap's perception. Very much maligned.

Wilson for his "MVP" type season played like garbage in the playoffs. You can take your 10 am starts, 0 degree weather, and slippery glass the FOH.....

PUT VERY SIMPLY, it's like this:

If Wilson was a Niner and those were his last two games, we would be calling for his head. We've called for heads for far less than that!

GET TO WILSON!!!!!

Both of these dudes speak the truth. Wilson flat out disappears when it counts. People like to sh*t on Kap, but there are very few QBs in the league that rise to the occasion like he does in the playoffs. He carried us to the Super Bowl and carried us IN the Super Bowl while our defense was nowhere to be found. Anybody who acts like this didn't happen is going out of their way to hate on Kaepernick. It was more of the same the next season during the playoffs. Meanwhile, Wilson's defense has saved his ass in the majority of his playoff games as he folded like a bad poker hand. There is no question Seattle's defense is more important than Russel Wilson. It is not close.
Originally posted by LVJay:

Almost like night n day... just shows to go that it was more Brees / Saint's system than it was Graham. Now that he doesn't have a real good QB throwing to him, he kinda sucks like the QB he has now

You guys forget Graham and Wickles were figuring it out right before his injury.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
You guys forget Graham and Wickles were figuring it out right before his injury.

No, we didn't forget at all. What are you talking about? He is just not as good. Russell Wilson is not a good passer and he even tried forcing balls to Graham and that didn't work. Bottom line, Russell Wilson is not a good passer and Graham is suffering for it. And of conversation. Figuring it out? Yeah that's a good one. Then I guess the Niners have been trying to figure it out as well
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I want to know the question. Which is very important the defense leader or Russell Wilson Leader. If Russell Wilson can wins game without for Avril, Wagner, Wright, Kam and Sherman? Or if Wilson cant help because defense can carry him wins games?

You forgot Michael Bennett.

Without even him, Wilson is already in trouble.

He's so reliant on so many guys it's hysterical.

Yeah. Ur right. I forget about add to Michael Bennett. Do you remembered? Kam was holding for moneys when he missed 2 or 3 games when Seattle's defense got mess up and two loss games. Right? I think, the defense is best and carry to Wilson for win game. They are a great defense. But Wilson is very good game because he know how fast to beat a clock and last mins that won game. He is good leader his team and speak to defense must active and emotional. Lol damn at Wilson.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
The Water Boy is more important for them... apparently he knows how to mix the PEDS in the drank to mask for testing
The Defense on Seattle is more important.

Russell Wilson baby!
Still LOLing at the OP of this thread.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677098/article/russell-wilson-poster-cashes-in-on-80s-90s-nostalgia?campaign=Twitter_atn
[ Edited by TheDougernaut on Jul 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM ]
Originally posted by TheDougernaut:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677098/article/russell-wilson-poster-cashes-in-on-80s-90s-nostalgia?campaign=Twitter_atn

I see the pictures issued the Russell Wilson (Wanted) then hope other team defense must captured him and can hurt him for sack. Go thread. It.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I see the pictures issued the Russell Wilson (Wanted) then hope other team defense must captured him and can hurt him for sack. Go thread. It.

yes sir
Share 49ersWebzone