LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Final Roster Breakdown and Depth Chart: Agree or disagree?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Man I'm jonesing for some football even if it is my 49ers. Anyone think we could pry Von Miller from the Broncos? Do you think we could figure something out with the cap to give him what he wants? I know with our limited space it might be tough. Also anyone have any updates on Monroe? I know he's been injured a lot but he's talented and could plug right into RT. Sign him to a decent one year prove it deal and it maybe motivation enough for him to survive 16 games. Am I asking for to much regarding Monroe and Miller? Think we could afford both of them? With all that being said I thought I would post my thoughts on our final 53 and depth chart minus Miller and Monroe until further notice. Before I post it I started thinking about the defense and if Harold and or Tank can produce a pass rush we might have the makings of a top 10 defense. I acknowledge it's a big if but it's possible. As far as my roster breakdown and depth chart there is a surprise or two and since TC and PS games are still well over a month away some of this is obviously my gut instinct:

QB - 1. Kaepernick
2. Gabbert
3. Driskel
RB - 1. Hyde
2. Draughn
3. Taylor
TE - 1. McDonald
2. Miller
3. Bell
4. B. Anderson
5. Cajuste
6. Nelson
WR - 1. Smith
2. Ellington
3. Burbridge
4. Smelter
5. D. Anderson
6. Treggs
LT - 1. Staley
2. Cooper
LG - 1. Beadles
2. Thomas
C - 1. Kilgore
2. Martin
RG - 1. Garnett
2. Thomas
RT - 1. Cooper
2. Brown
LDE -1. Armstead
2. Blair
NT - 1. Williams
2. Purcell
3. Dorsey
RDE -1. Dial
2. Buckner
OLB -1. Lynch
2. Harold
3. Brooks
4. Carradine
ILB - 1. Bowman
2. Hodges
3. Tartt
4. Wilhoite
5. Bellore
CB - 1. Brock
2. Ward
3. Johnson
4. Robinson
5. Redmond
6. Reaser
FS - 1. Reid
2. Ward
SS - 1. Bethea
2. Tartt
3. McCray
P - 1. Pinion
K - 1. Lunsford

If I had to take a guess on the PS:

OL - Theus
OL - Balducci
OL - Kelly
WR - Campbell
WR - Rogers
LB - Jones
LB - Fanaika
RB - Gaskins
DL - Smith
DB - Iworah
Highly doubt Von signs anywhere but Denver, since he is under the exclusive franchise tag I believe, which means he can't negotitate with any other team but Denver.

Also I see John Theus making the 53 man roster, same for Eric Rogers, he got some good gtd money for a CFL'er.

Also Dawson is guaranteed pretty much his entire 2016 base salary already, I doubt he doesn't make the team.

Also I see them keeping 4 backs.
[ Edited by AB81Rules on Jun 22, 2016 at 12:10 AM ]
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Highly doubt Von signs anywhere but Denver, since he is under the exclusive franchise tag I believe, which means he can't negotitate with any other team but Denver.

Also I see John Theus making the 53 man roster, same for Eric Rogers, he got some good gtd money for a CFL'er.

Also Dawson is guaranteed pretty much his entire 2016 base salary already, I doubt he doesn't make the team.

Also I see them keeping 4 backs.

I know we can't sign Von but if he can't work something out with Denver I think it would be an awesome move to do a sign and trade. We have so much cap room because of how TB attacks FA and I don't mind it because you don't break the bank for non impact players and make guys coming in without even a Pro Bowl on their resume you're highest paid players. However, Von is an impact defender who would instantly make our secondary better don't you think?

I know Dawson is guaranteed but we can take the minimal cap hit and Lunsford has a huge leg. Dawson seemed to wear down toward the end of the year. I guess Lunsford would have to have an awesome PS to supplant Dawson which I don't think is likely but definitely possible.

Who do you like as the 4th back Davis, Harris or Gaskins? Theus was an SEC stalwart on Georgia but I'm not sure how his skills will translate at the pro level. I would love for Rogers to make an impact we need it especially at the WR position but all I have seen is a highlight reel and anyone can look good in a highlight reel. I'm not sure I would want to lose one of the other WRs to keep Rogers as I really like Anderson and Treggs. I think Treggs is shifty and has a chance to be a nice little WR/KR. Do you think we keep 4 backs and 7 WRs or does that deplete another position of need and cut someone quality?
[ Edited by IHATELOWELLCOHN on Jun 22, 2016 at 12:53 AM ]
  • cgida
  • Veteran
Garrett Celek? Pretty sure he's gonna be kept around over McDonald or any of the others since we did just give him a new contract. Probably an oversight.
If Rogers is on the practice squad somebody will take him for sure so he is most likely making the team
No offense but your depth chart is pretty ridiculous.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Your depth chart is pretty ridiculous.
fixed
6 tight ends?
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
I like that Tartt kid...
Originally posted by cgida:
Garrett Celek? Pretty sure he's gonna be kept around over McDonald or any of the others since we did just give him a new contract. Probably an oversight.

No it wasn't an oversight, I say we take the cap hit. I know a lot of you guys aren't high on McDonald but he improved last year and has been solid in OTAs. I really like him for this offense and I don't want to let any of the other TEs go in favor of Celek. I know he probably makes the team though.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
No offense but your depth chart is pretty ridiculous.

Well it is only June. What do you disagree with?
Share 49ersWebzone