LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Super Bowl winner = World Champion

Shop 49ers game tickets
The United States of America is made up of people from all over the world, and this makes us unique.

In that regard we are world champions and not just American Champions. Since most of the best athletes in America are not Native American Indians and have descendants from other countries we are essentially World Champions.

Just my 2 cents...
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
When the rest of the world will stop being p***ys, then we can talk

believe dat , tough guy !

Originally posted by glorydayz:
The United States of America is made up of people from all over the world, and this makes us unique.

In that regard we are world champions and not just American Champions. Since most of the best athletes in America are not Native American Indians and have descendants from other countries we are essentially World Champions.

Just my 2 cents...

Truly unique and worth every penny.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
believe dat , tough guy !

Someone needs to que the Wonder Woman gif.

I enjoy WWE etc but they obviously don't give a rip about how ridiculous a guy in a blue diaper looks. Lol. Give me Cena any day.
[ Edited by KeepRabbitsOut on Jun 16, 2016 at 1:53 PM ]
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by Niners99:
A championship in the best league in the world for any given sport should be considered "World Champions".

The best football league in the world is the NFL. The best baseball league is MLB. The best basketball league is the NBA. The best hockey league is the NHL. The winners of those leagues are the World Champions.

You won't get an argument from me. Just curious as to the mindset and think it a little presumptuous.

In soccer they have they EUAFA Cup. Where they players of the winners there could probably say they are the world champion since that has the best competitions in the world where the best players come from everywhere to play. And yet South Americans are often World Cup winners. Africans are also prominent.

Baseball has other countries do well in Olympics and those Japanese are fanatics. One day that comp may have superior players. Would the Baseball comp in the us change the name?

Basketball is truly international with many countries matching the level of what was the dream team.

If the American sports you mention (ice hockey Canadian?) are the the worlds best and I am sure they probably are what would it take to challenge that?

And if Americans believe that they have world champion competitions then wouldn't it be a better statement that they are American champions since it would be assumed that they are the best? Otherwise it would appear insecure.

The fact that crap MLB players can leave for Japan to get playing time, and then become star players, shows the gap between the Major Leagues and Japan. Its not even remotely close. If a Japanese all star team beats a USA team, its in a small sample size.
The wealth of the USA gives it an edge in games like football and hockey that require money to play.

Basketball and baseball are more accessible sports to the world, and soccer even more so.

Culture plays a role too......why it's so hard for Americans to be great at soccer, and why it's possible that even if all of Europe played american football, they would still not be as good.

I'll tell you this.....I WISH that American football could be really popular worldwide and we could unite and have Team USA go against other countries in a World Cup of American Football.......it would be INSANE!!!

I envy the South Americans and Europeans.......the taste I've gotten seeing the passion of these people with soccer is something we'll never have. My Brazilian/Italian heritage allows me to get a peek into the culture....and it's legit.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Culture plays a role too......why it's so hard for Americans to be great at soccer,

My theory on this is that our best athletes aren't growing up playing soccer to become professionals. A helluva lot of kids play soccer in america as kids, but then focus on other sports to go to the next level at. If all the best athletes in the USA focused on becoming pro soccer players, I have no doubt we could become a top level team in international play. But the interest isn't there like football, baseball, basketball, and even hockey.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Someone asked me why does baseball call its champions WORLD champions when there's thousands of other leagues around the world. I told him that, in theory, the best players from around the world come to America and play MLB. I really don't understand why football call themselves WORLD champions when they only draft and sign american players only.

The best players in the world are American.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
The wealth of the USA gives it an edge in games like football and hockey that require money to play.

Basketball and baseball are more accessible sports to the world, and soccer even more so.

Culture plays a role too......why it's so hard for Americans to be great at soccer, and why it's possible that even if all of Europe played american football, they would still not be as good.

I'll tell you this.....I WISH that American football could be really popular worldwide and we could unite and have Team USA go against other countries in a World Cup of American Football.......it would be INSANE!!!

I envy the South Americans and Europeans.......the taste I've gotten seeing the passion of these people with soccer is something we'll never have. My Brazilian/Italian heritage allows me to get a peek into the culture....and it's legit.

From what we have seen over the past few years the USA soccer is getting real good. Grouped in a very tough and soccer hungry part of the world ( south and Central America) you can see the influence plus European players coming to the states to play.

If America. And the NFL want to make it more accessible then it would be possible in time. Once upon a time basketball and baseball were never played anywhere else.
Originally posted by Niners99:
The fact that crap MLB players can leave for Japan to get playing time, and then become star players, shows the gap between the Major Leagues and Japan. Its not even remotely close. If a Japanese all star team beats a USA team, its in a small sample size.

How are Cubans these days? I remember them doing well a while back.

Share 49ersWebzone