LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Super Bowl winner = World Champion

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
Go ahead and make a football team of other countries best talents and have them play the super bowl winner. It would be a blood bath. We aint back to back world war champions for nothing

As long as some Tiger baseball players are in it who would care?
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
When the rest of the world will stop being p***ys, then we can talk

I see the connection here. The rest of the world needs to rock spandex tights to even get in the NFL conversation.
A championship in the best league in the world for any given sport should be considered "World Champions".

The best football league in the world is the NFL. The best baseball league is MLB. The best basketball league is the NBA. The best hockey league is the NHL. The winners of those leagues are the World Champions.
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Someone asked me why does baseball call its champions WORLD champions when there's thousands of other leagues around the world. I told him that, in theory, the best players from around the world come to America and play MLB. I really don't understand why football call themselves WORLD champions when they only draft and sign american players only.

It would be an interesting conversation at a world champion player dinner party. The NFL guy would probably feel like the odd one out.

HAHAHAHA -- do you really think the world can field a team that can defeat a SB champ in this lifetime or the next????

Lol. Not really but Russia and China would be motivated to do so.
lol drunks and athletically inferior manlets versus American freaks of nature.

lmao good one.
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Someone asked me why does baseball call its champions WORLD champions when there's thousands of other leagues around the world. I told him that, in theory, the best players from around the world come to America and play MLB. I really don't understand why football call themselves WORLD champions when they only draft and sign american players only.

It would be an interesting conversation at a world champion player dinner party. The NFL guy would probably feel like the odd one out.

HAHAHAHA -- do you really think the world can field a team that can defeat a SB champ in this lifetime or the next????

Lol. Not really but Russia and China would be motivated to do so.
lol drunks and athletically inferior manlets versus American freaks of nature.

lmao good one.

Now ya talkin.
Originally posted by Niners99:
A championship in the best league in the world for any given sport should be considered "World Champions".

The best football league in the world is the NFL. The best baseball league is MLB. The best basketball league is the NBA. The best hockey league is the NHL. The winners of those leagues are the World Champions.

You won't get an argument from me. Just curious as to the mindset and think it a little presumptuous.

In soccer they have they EUAFA Cup. Where they players of the winners there could probably say they are the world champion since that has the best competitions in the world where the best players come from everywhere to play. And yet South Americans are often World Cup winners. Africans are also prominent.

Baseball has other countries do well in Olympics and those Japanese are fanatics. One day that comp may have superior players. Would the Baseball comp in the us change the name?

Basketball is truly international with many countries matching the level of what was the dream team.

If the American sports you mention (ice hockey Canadian?) are the the worlds best and I am sure they probably are what would it take to challenge that?

And if Americans believe that they have world champion competitions then wouldn't it be a better statement that they are American champions since it would be assumed that they are the best? Otherwise it would appear insecure.

You won't get an argument from me. Just curious as to the mindset and think it a little presumptuous.

In soccer they have they EUAFA Cup. Where they players of the winners there could probably say they are the world champion since that has the best competitions in the world where the best players come from everywhere to play. And yet South Americans are often World Cup winners. Africans are also prominent.

Baseball has other countries do well in Olympics and those Japanese are fanatics. One day that comp may have superior players. Would the Baseball comp in the us change the name?

Basketball is truly international with many countries matching the level of what was the dream team.

If the American sports you mention (ice hockey Canadian?) are the the worlds best and I am sure they probably are what would it take to challenge that?

And if Americans believe that they have world champion competitions then wouldn't it be a better statement that they are American champions since it would be assumed that they are the best? Otherwise it would appear insecure.

LMAOLMAO LMAOLMAO

"many countries match the dream team" Jesus dude stop if I laugh any harder I could die
Discaliamer - I am not from the USA and follow the NFL from a distance.

However, it IS the worlds best Gridiron/American Fooball competition.

But does that give the winner the right to claim world champion in a competition that is the NATIONAL Fottball League?

Just a minor thing that stands out to others looking from the outside in just like the World Series of baseball.

How does this issue rate in the US?
You know, you'd have an argument when it comes to baseball or soccer. But when it comes to football (American football, and even basketball) the world isn't even in the same universe. So yes, the SB champions are indeed the real world champions, and I have no problem with them calling themselves world champions.

This would be one of the few times that American arrogance makes a correct assumption.
Ummmm, that could be due to that fact that America produces the best players. We get our players primarily from our colleges, which are very open to the world. If a student from Uzbekistan attending Penn State felt that he has what it takes to compete in American collegiately there's nothing stopping him from becoming a walk-on to empress the coaches. And if he's any good I guarantee you that he'll find himself somewhere on an NFL roster. Talent is talent, no matter where in the world its from.

The bare fact is that America produces the best football players There's a reason not many World league or NFL Europe or today's Canadian league players make it to the NFL.
Rebel Wilson is a better athlete than anyone in America,trust me bro's

Canadians get drafted too yo.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Canadians get drafted too yo.

I thought they were the mascots. Dudley do rights don't belong in football.
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Rebel Wilson is a better athlete than anyone in America,trust me bro's

And she does the most amazing inverted splits from a trapeze that you will ever want to see.
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Discaliamer - I am not from the USA and follow the NFL from a distance.

However, it IS the worlds best Gridiron/American Fooball competition.

But does that give the winner the right to claim world champion in a competition that is the NATIONAL Fottball League?

Just a minor thing that stands out to others looking from the outside in just like the World Series of baseball.

How does this issue rate in the US?
You know, you'd have an argument when it comes to baseball or soccer. But when it comes to football (American football, and even basketball) the world isn't even in the same universe. So yes, the SB champions are indeed the real world champions, and I have no problem with them calling themselves world champions.

This would be one of the few times that American arrogance makes a correct assumption.

LMAO. Yo right. I've seen them play in cartoons and outer space.(space jam). And those GLOBEtrotters travel .......... well all over the globe. Justnsuperfreaks that no other human could ever do.

I would not call it arrogance. Maybe just confidence. Or just having your hand on it.

And as they say in the old testiment, don't hide your light under a bushel. Let it shine baby!
I
Originally posted by NikeSBHead:

LMAOLMAO LMAOLMAO

"many countries match the dream team" Jesus dude stop if I laugh any harder I could die

i aim to please.
Share 49ersWebzone