LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Super Bowl winner = World Champion

Shop 49ers game tickets
Discaliamer - I am not from the USA and follow the NFL from a distance.

However, it IS the worlds best Gridiron/American Fooball competition.

But does that give the winner the right to claim world champion in a competition that is the NATIONAL Fottball League?

Just a minor thing that stands out to others looking from the outside in just like the World Series of baseball.

How does this issue rate in the US?
Mostly all sports in the USA claim to be world champions when they win it all. I think it's odd, but most do not. Claiming these players are the best in the world at their respective sports, therefore they are world champions. And for the most part, most Americans get very offended when you question this.
Someone asked me why does baseball call its champions WORLD champions when there's thousands of other leagues around the world. I told him that, in theory, the best players from around the world come to America and play MLB. I really don't understand why football call themselves WORLD champions when they only draft and sign american players only.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Mostly all sports in the USA claim to be world champions when they win it all. I think it's odd, but most do not. Claiming these players are the best in the world at their respective sports, therefore they are world champions. And for the most part, most Americans get very offended when you question this.

Thanks for the clarification.

I can understand them being offended since it seems that your culture is an extremely proud one. The patriotism that I see when I visit is ever present and I find that delightful.

I would agree that the players in the NFL can claim to be be the best in the world but you will never truly know until it is tested on the same level as basketball or baseball. I believe that in time this will happen. The U.K. Is a good example of an attempt.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Someone asked me why does baseball call its champions WORLD champions when there's thousands of other leagues around the world. I told him that, in theory, the best players from around the world come to America and play MLB. I really don't understand why football call themselves WORLD champions when they only draft and sign american players only.

It would be an interesting conversation at a world champion player dinner party. The NFL guy would probably feel like the odd one out.
When the rest of the world will stop being p***ys, then we can talk
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:

It would be an interesting conversation at a world champion player dinner party. The NFL guy would probably feel like the odd one out.

HAHAHAHA -- do you really think the world can field a team that can defeat a SB champ in this lifetime or the next????
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

HAHAHAHA -- do you really think the world can field a team that can defeat a SB champ in this lifetime or the next????

It's cultural, until they have their youth working for it in large enough numbers it won't happen. But, I mean I don't know much about what people do in other countries.

Jarryd Hayne disagrees.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Go ahead and make a football team of other countries best talents and have them play the super bowl winner. It would be a blood bath. We aint back to back world war champions for nothing
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Lol. Not really but Russia and China would be motivated to do so.
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for KeepRabbitsOut.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I love the way you come out swinging champ.
Originally posted by jedediahyork:

Jarryd Hayne disagrees.

Like that will be encouraged any time soon.
Share 49ersWebzone