There are 227 users in the forums

Mike Singletary sucks as coach....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Homer:
Huge scandal at Baylor. Briles fired and their AD stepped down.

I'm not sure if Sing would be a very good coach in college. On the other hand, I bet he could recruit like a mofo. That's half the battle in college IMO.

I think he could do a pretty good job. All that rah rah, lets punch them in the mouth stuff works better in college than the NFL. Plus he is a Baylor alum and wouldnt put up with any BS from any of the players.

That program needs a giant enema right about now after the mess Briles left behind. Singletary wouldnt be under immediate pressure to win, just to clean things up and not completely fall on his face.

He is a good assistant who can keep players in check. Basically be a pit-bull for the coaches.
Baylor needs a man like Singletary. A lot of the Dads and Uncles grew up watching Singletary play in central Texas. Recruiting parents is just as important for the type of young men Baylor needs at the moment. They need to build the team with high character guys. Singletary can provide that. I understand what he means to my school.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Homer:
Huge scandal at Baylor. Briles fired and their AD stepped down.

I'm not sure if Sing would be a very good coach in college. On the other hand, I bet he could recruit like a mofo. That's half the battle in college IMO.

I think he could do a pretty good job. All that rah rah, lets punch them in the mouth stuff works better in college than the NFL. Plus he is a Baylor alum and wouldnt put up with any BS from any of the players.

That program needs a giant enema right about now after the mess Briles left behind. Singletary wouldnt be under immediate pressure to win, just to clean things up and not completely fall on his face.

He is a good assistant who can keep players in check. Basically be a pit-bull for the coaches.
he is trash
Originally posted by cciowa:
he is trash

I would hate playing for singletary. He reminds me of one of those people that beacuse he was once a bad a** that he still acts like a bad a** like he could whop everyone. Your time has come and gone. Motivate me and show me what i can learn, i dont need u spitting in my face.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
he is trash

I would hate playing for singletary. He reminds me of one of those people that beacuse he was once a bad a** that he still acts like a bad a** like he could whop everyone. Your time has come and gone. Motivate me and show me what i can learn, i dont need u spitting in my face.
like jh. maybe his shtick would go over better in college . I was banned at the time and could not vent but what a terrible knee jerk hire who had no clue about a nfl offense and the first thing he did was to get guys hurt with the nutcracker drill
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
he is trash

He wanted winners, but couldn't find a way to win
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
he is trash

He wanted winners, but couldn't find a way to win
he could not win s**t
He gets another chance to impart his vast knowledge -- defensively for the lambs-- good for them
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
an old 49er LB (derek smith) once said that he can only give a 3 to Samurai Mike and that he was being "super nice" about it..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
an old 49er LB (derek smith) once said that he can only give a 3 to Samurai Mike and that he was being "super nice" about it..

i am soo sick of people shrilling about what he did for vernon. i refuse to give him credit for one thing he did right while f**king up about 1000 other things on our team at the time. i hate him

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm still pissed at Mike for turning down Bryant Young to be an "intern" and coach the DL then goes hire his nephew form Baylor..

damnnn!!!
I'm still pissed at Mike for turning down Bryant Young to be an "intern" and coach the DL then goes hire his nephew form Baylor..

damnnn!!!

that i don't remember.... wow-- what a bozo!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

damnnn!!!

Who was the one safety or cornerback we all thought he would sign cuz he was his son in law? god dam nutcracker drill.. here lets start things off by getting baas and willis hurt
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I'm not sure if the guy did ended up signing with us.. but I remember he (Atogweh) something like that, being a FS from the Rams and that Singletary was going to sign him as a Free Agent..

securing his daughter's future!! lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone