LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Blake Muir Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Word from the #49ers beat writers to me today on Aussie Blake Muir? "not going to make it, practice squad unlikely"

Well, s**t.

Should ask if he can throw a better pass than our back up QBs. Lol.

Pass rush is also a much bigger issue atm.
Rewatched the game and I thought he played well and held his own. Driskell had good service from him IMO. But you guys know way more than me about that.

I got confused with him and Cherry ( both no. 69) and then realised cherry was on defense.
  • JoNeo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JoNeo:
6ft6ins...315lbs
Blokes a freaking mountain man

That really isn't anything unusual for NFL linemen. Trent Brown is 6'8" and like 350....that is more on the unusual side.

Big men alright
Originally posted by JoNeo:
Big men alright

Dude can play tho. And is no slouch in an area the niners needed help.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hawkpeter:
It was from 9 1/2 min remaining in the 4th quarter. Pass pro was excellent, handled the twists well. There was one play on the front side of zone read where they ran a stunt right at the point of attack that was difficult to block, fortunately it was pulled. A good start.

He looked pretty good to me for his first game. Held his own and didn't screw the pooch
Gonna watch second half tonight, sounds like we have a tough time at times giving credit when it's due lol. Pears,Martin,Muir all played solid... Fact or fiction?
With Bam Davis now wanting to play right guard it will likely put Blake so far down the depth chart that daylight will be almost impossible to find.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Damn Blake Muir released. What a shame. Hope he finds a home somewhere else. Good luck with your journey mate and get lucky.

Aside from Blake, Gaskins has been released yet again as well as 7 others.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Announce-Several-Roster-Moves/328c48ba-0553-4973-bf71-05c3faacfbd7?sf34501967=1
[ Edited by Goatie on Aug 27, 2016 at 5:49 PM ]
Per the NFL's daily transaction notice, OL Blake Muir out of Australia & Baylor has found a new home on the Green Bay Packers practice squad

Mods please move this thread to NFL thread.
All the best to Blake. Hope he can build a solid career for himself.

Originally posted by SMAUG:
Grape Ape

That's some high quality 420
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Per the NFL's daily transaction notice, OL Blake Muir out of Australia & Baylor has found a new home on the Green Bay Packers practice squad

Mods please move this thread to NFL thread.

Thanks mods
Well thanks to the 49ers and Packers letting Blake go he now has a chance for SB glory.....as a practice squad member for the Falcons.

Now the Aussies have someone who out-practice squadded Jarryd Hayne. And he's not a punter. A true journeyman that the niners picked as a UFA after the draft last year.

Paraag analytics must have rejected him based on size?

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nfl/nfl-australian-atlanta-falcons-offensive-lineman-blake-muir-excited-for-super-bowl-li/news-story/149843e7e51a988a2e7800f5a850c997
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Stats always are blind to heart
http://nfltraderumors.co/falcons-re-sign-g-blake-muir/

Falcons re-sign Blake. Ended last season on their Practice Squad.
Share 49ersWebzone