LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

CB Josh Norman

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Not gonna happen but sign Norman. Swap firsts for Wilkerson and draft Spence. This Defense would be straight up savage.

I like the way you think.
Front load the deal this year and get him to around 10 mill afterwards
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Here's Baalke chance.

Chance for what? Break the bank and not fix either line?
Niners aren't gonna sign him. Trent is too much of a p***y, Dolphins, Jags, or some other desperate team will overpay him
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Apr 20, 2016 at 2:41 PM ]
Here's Baalke chance.
Here's Baalke chance.

wow.....WTF Carolina?
We need a lock down cb. Let's do this...he already stated how much he loves it here and wanted to move here during the SB.
Link for those interested..

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000654674/article/panthers-rescind-franchise-tag-on-josh-norman
Originally posted by okdkid:
I think he's going to Jacksonville.

they've signed too many people already. one more huge contract and they could end up in cap hell in a couple of years. Browns already have one of the highest paid paid defense and I think norman would prefer our team, I mean he did say he wants to live in SF. Heres his chance!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Front load the deal this year and get him to around 10 mill afterwards

I agree.

Get him $25M this year and make it digestible for the remaining 4-5 years.

I wouldn't sign him for more than 5 years though.
Originally posted by okdkid:
I think he's going to Jacksonville.

Agreed with this. Jax has to see the division up for grabs since Indi doesn't know how to build a team around an elite QB, Osweiler isn't 18 million worth at QB, and the Titans will be up after this year thanks to the Rams so the time is now.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Matt Miller @nfldraftscout
There is risk to Josh Norman, of course. He wants $16M a year and is almost 29 years old. Long-term deal is a risk.
only 28 so a 5 yr contract..I think would be good..say 5 yrs $75 million..we have the cash..49ers have the cash..work in a way where he can be cut after the 3rd year where it wont hurt
[ Edited by jersey49er on Apr 20, 2016 at 2:43 PM ]
OBJ may have been right after all. Better scheme fit than actual talent.

I could see Norman fitting well in Seattle. Anybody know if they have the cap space?

Not sure how he fits with SF.....
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Apr 20, 2016 at 2:42 PM ]
We have the money. If we don't at least make a play I would be disappointed. We don't really have any guys on the team that will bank the bank in the near future anyway.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If you can get him on a 4-year mega deal AND you have cap space -- it's hard to say no.
Share 49ersWebzone