There are 219 users in the forums

NFL Reportedly Considering Regular-Season Games in China, Germany

Shop 49ers game tickets
NFL Reportedly Considering Regular-Season Games in China, Germany

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2626464-nfl-in-china-regular-season-game-reportedly-could-be-played-in-2017

The NFL could play a regular-season game in China as soon as 2018, according to Alex Marvez

Does this bother you or are you cool with it?
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Mar 21, 2016 at 10:48 AM ]
Not cool for 2 reasons

1. The travel
2. Lose a home game
Germans are huge supporters of the NFL and deserve something. I didn't know the Chinese were into football? They will probably pick it up quickly and do it a lot cheaper.
Originally posted by English:
I didn't know the Chinese were into football? They will probably knock it off quickly, albeit poorly and do it a lot cheaper.

FTFY.
Germans are huge supporters of the NFL and deserve something. I didn't know the Chinese were into football? They will probably pick it up quickly and do it a lot cheaper.

Personally I have no problem with the NFL doing this as all pro sports try to expand their territory/product.

China, I think is high on all sporting codes radar. Their population/economy is a huge attraction for any sport looking for a new & sustainable revenue stream.

The NFL would be foolish to sit out & let other sports get a major head start establishing themselves in China.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Mar 22, 2016 at 3:29 AM ]
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I would say I dont like it bc I think its messed up to make players travel to China to play a game as rough as football. But i guess it wont be a big deal in 10 years when they're wearing flags anyway.

http://caflfootball.com/
When do we get tuesday, wednesday, and Friday night football? Brought to you live from Mexico city, tel aviv, Moscow, Jerusalem......

The Thursday night games are bad enough.

Half the fans are already wearing jerseys made in China.
And the NFL continues to water down its already watered down product.... thanks Jed

I hate this to be honest ...., it robs teams and fans of a home game, puts players safety at risk, especially with all this terrorist $hit going on ...the NFL has all the money, how much more money do they need?? ... this is Just plain greedy IMO
CHA-CHING
Do season ticket holders still have to pay for that game?
Originally posted by lamontb:

http://caflfootball.com/

Cool!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Not cool for 2 reasons

1. The travel
2. Lose a home game

Question about this. Why would a team have to lose a home game? I have been saying this ever since teams had games in Mexico and London. Why does a team have to lose a home game? Why couldnt the game count as away games for both teams? There is literally nothing that prevents this, unless there is some massive oversight that I am missing.

Maybe the visiting team calling the coin toss really is a huge deal?
Share 49ersWebzone