There are 146 users in the forums

Arizona gets a pass rusher

Shop 49ers game tickets
Patriots trade DE Chandler Jones to Cardinals for guard Jonathan Cooper, 2nd round pick.
Just read Adam Schefter's twitter with the news.
Good trade for both teams. Jones a good player.
Good move for both teams
Damnit....why to AZ of all places.

I know NE is known for making bold trades like this, but trading a productive 26 year old pass rusher is a head scratcher.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I know NE is known for making bold trades like this, but trading a productive 26 year old pass rusher is a head scratcher.

Cause they need as much protection for Brady as they can get.

And not liking AZ getting a good pass rusher either...
Thanks baalke

Unless they think that Jones is a high risk for imploding.
I'm so jealous of AZ. They seem to have a GM and HC who put winning above anything else.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think they have a few pending free agents on defense after this season. They probably didn't think they could re-sign all of Jones/Hightower/Ryan/etc. I bet that contributed to it as well.

A 2nd round pick is obviously better than any compensation pick they'd get (3rd round max, etc), and they address a need on their line. Seems like a pretty balanced trade that's mutually beneficial.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Mar 15, 2016 at 12:29 PM ]

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I'm so jealous of AZ. They seem to have a GM and HC who put winning above anything else.

Now only if they had a QB that wont choke in the playoffs.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Might be. Now a lot to closer to his brother in new Mexico
They ain't got Thad Lewis doe.
They were talking about an incident with Jones and police before or during the playoff run and that the cops gave him a huge break so he could avoid arrest and court. I'm assuming that the Pats realize that Jones will get paid huge money to resign or during FA and with inside knowledge of his off the field behavior it didnt make sense for them.

Regardless, our joke of a O-line will have its hands full... Were going to be picking top 5 next draft
Share 49ersWebzone