There are 264 users in the forums

Washington's new stadium (concept design)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Seems like we love stadium talk here on the WZ. Washington's current lease doesn't expire until 2027, but this is what their design concept is:

That's not just a moat, but a wave pool that's surrounding the entire stadium. lol Link to story
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Mar 14, 2016 at 10:15 PM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Seems like we love stadium talk here on the WZ. Washington's current lease doesn't expire until 2027, but this is what their design concept is:

That's not just a moat, but a wave pool that's surrounding the entire stadium. lol Link to story

That link only goes to the image StOnEy
Try this link...

http://www.dezeen.com/2016/03/14/big-bjarke-ingels-architecture-stadium-washington-redskins-american-football/

^^^This is a great site by the way.
Are those little sharks?! Sweet!
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
That link only goes to the image StOnEy

Awe s**t. Fixed it. Thanks. lol

No worries... It gave me a chance to plug one of my favourite architecture & design sites. (It's funny, I saw this last night, while browsing dezeen, but didn't realise it was an NFL stadium as I skimmed through the pages. I thought "Wow that looks cool," but didn't read any further)

I'm going to just go ahead & say it. The NFL is at the forefront of sports stadia designs. They are pushing stadium design into places we have never seen or been globally. It's the type of thing that would attract non-sports fans to attend a game or two, just so they can witness the architecture & atmosphere from the inside.

Hell, it's the type of thing that would attract someone to your city just to see it in person.

Very, very cool... Love the thinking behind it & where the NFL continues to go.

Modern stadiums are so much more now than traditional sporting arenas, they are iconic buildings within the fabric of a city.

Probably why some people have an issue with Levi's more traditional design, particularly in this day & age.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Mar 14, 2016 at 10:36 PM ]
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:

No worries... It gave me a chance to plug one of my favourite architecture & design sites. (It's funny, I saw this last night, while browsing dezeen, but didn't realise it was an NFL stadium as I skimmed through the pages. I thought "Wow that looks cool," but didn't read any further)

I'm going to just go ahead & say it. The NFL is at the forefront of sports stadia designs. They are pushing stadium design into places we have never seen or been globally. It's the type of thing that would attract non-sports fans to attend a game or two, just so they can witness the architecture & atmosphere from the inside.

Hell, it's the type of thing that would attract someone to your city just to see it in person.

Very, very cool... Love the thinking behind it & where the NFL continues to go.

Modern stadiums are so much more now than traditional sporting arenas, they are iconic buildings within the fabric of a city.

Probably why some people have an issue with Levi's more traditional design, particularly in this day & age.

Honestly, I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Like a gaudy punch bowl. Top it off with a friggin a wave pool moat. A wave pool moat? It's the embodiment of everything that's wrong with society, IMO. But that's just me. To each their own. lol
Honestly, I think it's absolutely ridiculous. Like a gaudy punch bowl. Top it off with a friggin a wave pool moat. A wave pool moat? It's the embodiment of everything that's wrong with society, IMO. But that's just me. To each their own. lol

Modern times StOnEy, there is no going back... They do the same thing with Airport Terminals, Train Stations, Hotels/Resorts, Office Blocks/Buildings, University Campus Buildings, Laboratories, Hospitals, Convention Centres & Museums, etc.

They are designed to be/offer so much more than their primary function.

Wishing things were different or like they were in the past is pointless... It'd be like wishing for football players to work regular jobs in the offseason & get paid regular/normalised wages. (Not going to happen)

It's also like wishing for the time when football was just football/sport & nothing else... Well those days are gone & football/sport is as much entertainment as TV/Film/Music, etc. Ratings & commercial dollar are important. Every little aspect of the game they can extract a dollar from, they will. Examples: Combine, Draft -process & event, Behind The Scenes - Offseason, Honours & Award shows, SB & all surrounding events, The SB - Half-Time Show, etc.

The good old days of "It is what it is," are long gone.
Originally posted by RED80_____HURRYHURRY:
Are those little sharks?! Sweet!

"With freaking lazer beams attached to there freaking heads?"
Looks better than Levis

• mayo49
  • Veteran
http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/24070/redskins-new-stadium-might-have-a-moat
Bet they can figure out how to lay sod
yea that's nice.
moat needed to keep torch and pitchfork mob out.......at Levis
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Because open water is a great thing to have surrounding your stadium with the s**tload of drunk people going over / around it. They'll have to put barriers up and then it will look like crap.
Share 49ersWebzone