LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Russell Okung

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Sooooo.... is AD coming back? Because if he is, then Okung is not going to come here to play guard.

The fact that we're even "entertaining Okung" is probably a pretty good indication he's not.

Seriously when is that fat f**k going to turn in his papers? There is no reason why he shouldn't. He said he's coming back so do it. Last year he f**ked us and didn't tell us until after free agency and the draft so we couldn't replace him And this year free agency has started and he still hasn't filed his papers.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Seriously when is that fat f**k going to turn in his papers? There is no reason why he shouldn't. He said he's coming back so do it. Last year he f**ked us and didn't tell us until after free agency and the draft so we couldn't replace him And this year free agency has started and he still hasn't filed his papers.

Is there an application deadline?
Perhaps but truthfully, IMHO, it seems like he's on the market longer because he's being patient and listening to all offers and then will pit one team against the other. No need to rush especially when you're the one doing all the work. It probably means 3 or 4 teams are in his ballpark too so it's going to take longer. If Osemele made $11.7M, he's got a strong starting point. The article makes no sense either...losing Alvin Bailey is MORE of a reason to ramp up talks. The real issue is that Seattle can't afford his asking price AND Detroit already has an offer on the table. Trying to state that other's are on the market such as Penn and Beachum is not an argument for the need for Okung. Those are far inferior players to Okung who was/is the #1 LT on the market. Trying to focus on injuries...so too has Beachum. Also, if I'm not mistaken, neither Penn nor Beachum play in a ZBS. He would also have to pass a physical.

Bottom line, this may take another week or so or longer and Seattle know's they can't afford him and they're out.

We'll see . . .
Seems no one had blown his socks off so far.
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Mar 15, 2016 at 1:01 PM ]

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
Steelers have agreed to terms on a 2yr deal with tackle Ryan Harris. That takes them out of the Russell Okung/Kelvin Beachum market

Originally posted by elguapo:

I'm w/you!

This pisses me off at Trent. He could have picked up a Guard or a Tackle in FA.

It takes time for most rookie Oline guys to develop. By the time they are developed is is close to resign them for more $$.

Why not get a young guy who is in his prime like Mitchel Schwartz [I know he's gone] and pay them now??

Exasperating.
Still going...and going...and going.
is he really that good? I felt like he didn't live up to his draft hype
I still hate Anthony Davis!
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 53s54 seconds ago
Russell Okung's agreement with the #Broncos (first reported by @JosinaAnderson) is 5 years, up to $12M per year.

Russell Okung's agreement with the #Broncos (first reported by @JosinaAnderson) is 5 years, up to $12M per year.

what QB is he going to be protecting, LOL
Originally posted by 94949er:

what QB is he going to be protecting, LOL

Two words: Butt. Fumble.
He did good for himself. Being your own agent worked well for him. We all know Niners weren't going to spend 12 million on this guy.
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 17, 2016 at 1:33 PM ]

Hmm... now if they could just get the Niners to bite on that hella cheapskate offer for Kap.
The Seattle Times ‏@seattletimes
Reports: Russell Okung nearing huge deal with Denver Broncos. From @bcondotta: http://buff.ly/1pOI2ln #Seahawks

Not too shabby for a "first-time' agent
Congrats and best wishes, RO!
Share 49ersWebzone