LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

Brock Osweiler signs with the Texans

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Kaep would be a bargain considering what Houston gave Brock. No wonder Elway said see ya

Elway hasn't seemed shy about shaking things up. I'm sure he's got plan B. Hopefully, that involves giving SF some juicy picks for Kaep.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That's some serious overpayment! That's like the GB QB who had 1 good game.
Lol... This is why teams like the Texans suck. Massive overpay for a guy who was poor-average at best on a stacked team.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Lol... This is why teams like the Texans suck. Massive overpay for a guy who was poor-average at best on a stacked team.

Well just like in Denver he doesn't have to take over games.He has a great defense,a good running back and a top 5 receiver.It is a lot of money for his short resume but the prices of contracts are always going to rise
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Well just like in Denver he doesn't have to take over games.He has a great defense,a good running back and a top 5 receiver.It is a lot of money for his short resume but the prices of contracts are always going to rise

They passed over a stack of talented guys & in particular QBs (The position they need to address the most), Bortles, Carr & Bridgewater for Clowney in 2014... They also drafted that bum Savage in the 4th of that year.

They could have got any of the above QBs for cheap... Osweiler has a stronger arm than Teddy, but I'm not convinced he is a better player... His arm is no better than Carr's or Bortles'.

Why they just didn't take advantage of the cheaper QB prices in the draft, due to the wage scale. Is quite frankly beyond me
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Kaep can ride the pine for the next 5 years before we donate to a Denver repeat bid. Want a ransom haul, not some mid round pick. Kaep is young, athletic, and has won playoff games.

Delusional

An adjective better reserved for posters like you.
Brock only got an extra mil per year. He must have felt "dissed" that they didn't turn the team over to him after Manb***h got benched. Brock would have easily won the 2 playoff games that Manning barely squeeked by and no on can argue that Lurch would have done better the "the single worst perfomance by a winning QB in the Super Bowl" against Carolina
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Does this mean that Cutler gets traded back to Denver and finish his career here while the Windy City ends up with RG3??
Wish I had 70 million so I could sign a QB with 11 TD's to come play for my team. #BuildThroughFreeAgency

Man these players from when the nfl first started to even the mid 2000s must be sick at what these guys are getting paid. Average or below average players make more from 1 free agency period than the super stars did in their entire career. Although the average person who probably makes less than a million in their entire 40 years of work than the vet min of say 750k-1 mil in 1 year has a bigger reason to be sick.
Its scary how similar Gabbert and Osweiler's stats are. Both had 8 game samples. texan fans aren't liking the comparison.

Brock Osweiler is "Scott Mitchell 2.0"
Originally posted by titan:
That's some serious overpayment! That's like the GB QB who had 1 good game.

Matt Flynn ?

Matt Flynn actually said something like "I know I'm going to hear a lot for saying this. But that's a ridiculous deal for that quarterback." Something like that. But I'm like uhhhhh you're surviving off of one good game soooooo
Share 49ersWebzone