LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Mario Williams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The guy signed a 2 year $16 million contract.. I wonder why Baalke didn't thikn of signing this guy if it was only for $8 million a year... he woulda been a great DE for us, and that price isn't too stiff either.
Overrated. Quit on his team. Never lived up to hype of being the number 1 overall pick.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
... and with time running out, this is the time to sign this type of players because they now have something to prove before the league totally forget about them..
That's a mean front 4
Willaims-Suh-Wake-Vernon
I thought Williams complained about being in a 4-3? Then he signs with the dolphins??
Funny how back in 06 it was the suck for Bush and Williams sweepstakes. Both end up being busts.
[ Edited by CityKing415 on Mar 9, 2016 at 11:12 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Do you remember how good Bush was in college??

tho I knew he wasn't gonna be NO Barry, nor Walter, no one that year was better than BUSH in college..
Originally posted by Since07:
That's a mean front 4
Willaims-Suh-Wake-Vernon
I thought Williams complained about being in a 4-3? Then he signs with the dolphins??

Vernon's a FA and probably traded
Oh nvm u posted that this morning
Originally posted by 9moon:
The guy signed a 2 year $16 million contract.. I wonder why Baalke didn't thikn of signing this guy if it was only for $8 million a year... he woulda been a great DE for us, and that price isn't too stiff either.

Because we play a 3-4, he struggled in a 3-4 last year. He is a 4-3 de. you dont sign players to 8 million dollar per year contracts if they dont fit what you do.
Share 49ersWebzone