LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Logan Mankins calls it a day

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mankins hangs them up...
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/706857085452095489

Great career... Best of luck to him with future plans.
I wanted him at the Niners at one stage. Cheers, my man. Have a healthy retirement.
He was a class act.

Tough as nails and fiery competitor.

Best of luck!
I work with a guy that grew up with him in the Fresno area. I remember the week before the draft he wouldn't shut up about "oh my buddy is gonna get drafted. He's gonna be a 1st or 2nd rounder, blah blah blah!". I'm like yeah, whatever. What's his name. Logan Mankins, you watch. He's an O-lineman. He's a stud. On and on about it. I'm like yeah right, we'll see.

"With the 32nd pick in the draft, the Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots select Logan Mankins." He's been voted the greatest 32nd pick in the history of the 1st round by NFL.com or something like that, I remember reading.

Funny story I have about him. After his rookie year he went home in the offseason. When he returned to mini camp his arms and hands were all cut up and rough and were in really bad shape. The staffed asked him what the hell happened to him. He said nothing. He just was home helping out on the farm do the daily work and all that. They looked at him and said "Son, you're an NFL star now. You don't go home and work on the farm in the off season. You can pay somebody to help your family on the farm if they need help."
Great complement to the first overall pick of that draft.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Great complement to the first overall pick of that draft.

Wait, what?
Protected Brady for around a decade. That's a first round pick, plug him in and no worries.
Didn't we want this guy at 33 but he went 32 to the pats? We got David baas
A great Fresno State Product. He was/is very loved by the community.

Share 49ersWebzone