LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

EXIT Bradford - ENTER RGIII

Shop 49ers game tickets
f**k no
Sam Bradford is no longer in play (Thank God!). So who fits in free agency as a Chip Kelly quarterback...none other than Robert Griffin III

We all know RGIII appears to be made of glass, but bring him in on a 1 year prove it contract and let he and Blaine Gabbert compete for a long term deal with the team. Maybe his bad luck with injuries ends here. He's a perfect match for this offense. Very similar to the Baylor offense that made him a star. His footwork and mechanics are better than Kaepernick's. Therefore, I think he would be more consistently accurate in this QB friendly offense His release is quick and he's electric as a runner when healthy. He might not have 4.4 speed after all of his injuries, but he still poses as a threat in the zone-read game. Sure we can draft Wentz, Goff or Paxton Lynch, but what makes the uptempo spread offenses more potent?? A legitimate dual threat QB! This was the missing component in Philly. If Chip can have success with NIck Foles and Sam Bradford, he can get the most out of RGIII.

Chip Kelly is getting his second chance, RGIII deserves his. Both have proven they can be successful in this league, and I think they're tenacity to prove themselves makes this a perfect marriage. I have been the biggest Kap fan since he was given the starting position, but I also want a QB who wants to be here. Being the starting QB for the San Francisco 49ers with all of our history and tradition is a privilege. If a supposed to be leader of the team doesn't want to be here, explore ALL avenues to get rid of him.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
the question we need to know is just how much will RG3 consider before he we even think of signing him.

Sunshine I believe will be making 2.2 million this year and then becomes a free agent.. Will RG3 sign with us for, let say, $10 million for 3 years?

He then can first compete for the backup spot and see if he can end up being the starter..

and if we do sign him, while Goff is there when we draft 7, do you all suggest to still draft Goff??
Share 49ersWebzone