LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

DeMarco Murray to Seattle (trade proposal)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
Originally posted by frozen49er:
They have Rawls and no cap space.....

We also need a "draft day rumors" thread, but I'm to lazy to start one.

We have a lot more than we did now that Lynch is gone. Carolina and Denver are the worst right now. They are going to have a hard time keeping their teams together. Our core is locked up so the rest is on FA and draft picks. Seattle has proven that they could care less about getting a good O-line. Some how Cable convinced Petey that they can win with no O-line man. Now that Okung and Sweezey are probably out the door we might see the first all former D line playing Offense. It won't be pretty.....it won't
17 FA's you need to sign or let go..and Lynch's cap space is going to cover that ?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

We have a lot more than we did now that Lynch is gone. Carolina and Denver are the worst right now. They are going to have a hard time keeping their teams together. Our core is locked up so the rest is on FA and draft picks. Seattle has proven that they could care less about getting a good O-line. Some how Cable convinced Petey that they can win with no O-line man. Now that Okung and Sweezey are probably out the door we might see the first all former D line playing Offense. It won't be pretty.....it won't
17 FA's you need to sign or let go..and Lynch's cap space is going to cover that ?

I realize the Hawks have some seriously small cap space, but . . .
Why does Lynch's departure and whatever cap space it rendered have to cover it ALL?
If there are 17 FA leaving, then don't their previous salaries become part of the pot? (and aren't some of them veterans who would be replaced by much cheaper draftees?)
: : : serious question, I don't know of these things and math isn't my strong suit : : :
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Mar 2, 2016 at 1:37 PM ]
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Seattle + FA's - salary cap = screwed...
murray would be a terrible fit in Seattle's scheme.
Originally posted by Morgan49:
Seattle + FA's - salary cap = screwed...

Again we are fine with what we have. I doubt Seattle will sign any of our big FA to any deal worth mentioning. I'm just saying as a fan and watching the past few years, we have a track record of putting in guys that are pretty green. We look more to the undrafted walk ons to fill spots. I"M NOT SAYING THIS IS GOOD. I'm just providing the fans insight of how this team has worked. Teams like Denver and Carolina are worse off considering they have a lot more core players as FA. We will let a lot of ours go. I'm bummed about that, but it's reality. I have stated before I think Seattle is going to be 9-7 to 8-8 team for awhile to come. Almost as we won one now we just care to keep attendance going good with a middle of the pack team. Carolina is screwed worse than we are. Denver has that core defense up for FA. If they even want mediocre money a lot of those players will have to go. Who knows, maybe even Kam will be gone soon or a traded.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
I really think they are going after Ivory who should be a cheaper option and literally plays like Marshawn
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

I realize the Hawks have some seriously small cap space, but . . .
Why does Lynch's departure and whatever cap space it rendered have to cover it ALL?
If there are 17 FA leaving, then don't their previous salaries become part of the pot? (and aren't some of them veterans who would be replaced by much cheaper draftees?)
: : : serious question, I don't know of these things and math isn't my strong suit : : :
they become part of the pot. but if they choose to keep guys..it's not going to be cheaper or even the same pay.

Then the guys that you let go..you need to fill those positions which if you want someone decent it's going to cost you more......or take someone not as good because you can't afford it.

Which = a weaker team
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 2, 2016 at 2:34 PM ]
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Id really love to see what they do with Jimmy Graham.He did not fit in their offense well last year but with Marshawn gone they might have no choice but to be pass oriented
[ Edited by 9er2k on Mar 2, 2016 at 5:45 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

if the trade was to happen, don't think Carroll and his staff will not work on how DeMarco became a superstar in Dallas..
they become part of the pot. but if they choose to keep guys..it's not going to be cheaper or even the same pay.

Then the guys that you let go..you need to fill those positions which if you want someone decent it's going to cost you more......or take someone not as good because you can't afford it.

Which = a weaker team

Well, thankfully I don't need to do anything
other than sit back with interest and see what they come up with . . .

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

Which = a weaker team

Well, thankfully Idon't need to do anything
other than sit back with interest and see what they come up with . . .
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

if the trade was to happen, don't think Carroll and his staff will not work on how DeMarco became a superstar in Dallas..

they have a scheme that works for them. so what they are going to get rid of their o coordinator, awesome line coach, rebuild their line entirely for a runnigback who has hit his peak? Or have all those coaches learn and teach a scheme thats foreign to them for a overpaid runningback? he is never going to have a season like 14 again, because he had like 390 something touches that year, plus 57 catches behind the best offensive line this decade so far, and with an awesome passing game. Ive never even been sold on murray, he just fell into the perfect situation, that line even made ,mcfadden look good, trent richradson would look serviceable behind that line.

seattle's M.O. is to acquire scheme fits, demarco is a gap scheme runner, nothing is wrong with that, but he excels in that style. seattle already has a good zone runner in rawls. I just dont see the point of this trade.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I would not be surprise if ol' Peetey here makes another blockbuster trade that would send their 2016 1st to Philly in order to land Beast Mode's replacement in DeMarco Murray.

I think both Carroll and owner knows that Seattle could not win another Super Bowl unless they have a great RB.

Seattle runs a zone blocking scheme. Murray is not a good zone blocking RB. They arent a fit.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Rawls is more than good enough to be their #1. Murray isn't s**t without that Dallas OL.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
I really think they are going after Ivory who should be a cheaper option and literally plays like Marshawn

yup ...totally agree ...Ivory hits them holes hard, and is more of a physical RB IMO, and would be more of a fit in that read option, plus he has better elusiveness than Murray, who is more of a genuine north/south RB .....with that said, I wouldn't mind if WE picked up Ivory , he would be a good fit in Chip's running attack
Share 49ersWebzone