LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:
I ended up really lucky - my season seats are in the one small area of the entire stadium that has shade. So, wasn't hot at all during the game.

Coliseum is certainly not prepared for this.

Is it that bad during USC games?

I don't know - I've never been to a USC game.

It was super hot on Sunday and a 1pm game. I expect it won't be an issue for the games as the season goes on and it gets cooler - maybe that's one reason why we only have one home game in September.
I ended up really lucky - my season seats are in the one small area of the entire stadium that has shade. So, wasn't hot at all during the game.

Coliseum is certainly not prepared for this.

Is it that bad during USC games?

I don't know - I've never been to a USC game.

It was super hot on Sunday and a 1pm game. I expect it won't be an issue for the games as the season goes on and it gets cooler - maybe that's one reason why we only have one home game in September.

Yes! and why Jed actually requests for the monday night home opener. get a 7:20 start time. Prolly the only good thing he has done the last 2 years.
[ Edited by Jamespowers on Sep 20, 2016 at 1:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Yes! and why Jed actually requests for the monday night home opener. get a 7:20 start time. Prolly the only good thing he has done the last 2 years.

gets a Monday night opener yes, but then get a 10am road game...would rather just risk a loss at home than that
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

gets a Monday night opener yes, but then get a 10am road game...would rather just risk a loss at home than that

We don't request late start times for September games for an advantage on the field. We do it because fans cry about it being too hot.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

We don't request late start times for September games for an advantage on the field. We do it because fans cry about it being too hot.

never said it was requested for "advantage"

in fact I'm implying more it's been a disadvantage since the last two seasons, those MNF home openers have been followed by ridiculous road trips (and losses)

never said it was requested for "advantage"

in fact I'm implying more it's been a disadvantage since the last two seasons, those MNF home openers have been followed by ridiculous road trips (and losses)

What did you mean when you said you would rather just risk a loss at home than that? You sorta implied how I took
It.
What did you mean when you said you would rather just risk a loss at home than that? You sorta implied how I took
It.

I meant rather the chances of just having a regular Sunday afternoon game, even a road game (10 am PT) which the Niners may or may not win than a MNF home opener (even tho the Niners have a great MNF history, esp at home) since the latter invariably has meant the last two seasons getting screwed over by the schedule makers...plus the wait seems interminable opening Sunday when all other teams play and we have to wait til Monday evening for the Niners

there has to be a compromise where we get a night home game in September AND don't get screwed for the following week, right?
It.

I meant rather the chances of just having a regular Sunday afternoon game, even a road game (10 am PT) which the Niners may or may not win than a MNF home opener (even tho the Niners have a great MNF history, esp at home) since the latter invariably has meant the last two seasons getting screwed over by the schedule makers...plus the wait seems interminable opening Sunday when all other teams play and we have to wait til Monday evening for the Niners

there has to be a compromise where we get a night home game in September AND don't get screwed for the following week, right?

Give me Monday night wins all day...then take our chances the week after
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 20, 2016 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

what chance? practically slim and nil. as I've reiterated the last two years the schedule dealt to the Niners guaranteed almost ZERO chance to win the 2nd game. it's bordering on sabotage to have had the Niners play a road game, on short rest against a host that's had 4 extra days prep (and in the steelers and panthers case, facing an opponent who's also antsy after a loss). though 1-1 isn't as bad as risking 0-2, starting off the schedule like the last 2 years almost ensures no chance at going 2-0 and launching a season with momentum.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

what chance? practically slim and nil. as I've reiterated the last two years the schedule dealt to the Niners guaranteed almost ZERO chance to win the 2nd game. it's bordering on sabotage to have had the Niners play a road game, on short rest against a host that's had 4 extra days prep (and in the steelers and panthers case, facing an opponent who's also antsy after a loss). though 1-1 isn't as bad as risking 0-2, starting off the schedule like the last 2 years almost ensures no chance at going 2-0 and launching a season with momentum.

It doesn't ensure anything. if we were a stronger we would have whooped carolinas ass...for a young team we gave them a fight
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Sep 20, 2016 at 7:33 PM ]
The 49ers or Raiders will always play the opening MNF game since then went to the doubleheader format, to help with the scheduling conflict two teams sharing a market have (and compared to Jets/Giants on the east coast, less options for start times).

It seemed like it was relegated to the worse of the two teams which has been the Raiders longer than it's been us, but now our turn.
Originally posted by luv49rs:

You may laugh, and you may not show your emotion on your sleeve, but you would be suffering inside having to deal with 100 degree+ heat in the stands. That Sun is no joke!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
lol

Matthew Cannata ‏@PhinsiderRadio 3h3 hours ago On conference call, Rams HC Jeff Fisher said Danny Woodhead is a playmaker for the Patriots. Woodhead is on IR and plays for the Chargers
Originally posted by susweel:
lol

Matthew Cannata ‏@PhinsiderRadio 3h3 hours ago On conference call, Rams HC Jeff Fisher said Danny Woodhead is a playmaker for the Patriots. Woodhead is on IR and plays for the Chargers

Wow

Mr. 7-9 showing why he was given that title.
Share 49ersWebzone