LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 180 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
LOVE the thread title. Los Angeles Rams of Los Angeles. Can't say it enough.

We don't get our new unis in the right colors until the stadium is done in 2019. I expect them to wear the throwbacks though when you guys play at the Coliseum this year.
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:

We don't get our new unis in the right colors until the stadium is done in 2019. I expect them to wear the throwbacks though when you guys play at the Coliseum this year.

Wait, what's this about the uni's? No change until 3 years?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:

Wait, what's this about the uni's? No change until 3 years?

IMO, Rams have either done/will do three things (in order of likelihood):

1) There won't be a switch this year, but the 2 home throwback games will continue. The retention of the St.L ramshead logo with navy and gold colors, along with the minor "Los Angeles" addition to the official logo last month seem to confirm this. This would continue until the opening of the Inglewood stadium, upon which it'd be a convenient excuse to go back to the classic blue and yellow uniforms

2) Rams already had a uni switch planned for this year (alongside a move to LA) and had already notified the league 2-3 years ago, conforming with league policy on advance notice for uniform changes. Recent promo pics on the Rams website of stand-in players in the blue and yellow uniforms cavorting around LA may be hinting at this...then there'll be a surprise full-blown official switch to the blue & yellow (probably at the draft)

3) Perhaps a combo of 1 & 2 over the next three years (team gets league permission due to fan feedback to wear throwbacks more often, but still has to wear the StL designs on the road). Eventually once the new stadium opens, the full uniform switch is completed..... or Nike busts out a new, "modern" design, but in the classic colors (kinda like what Reebok did for the Niners in 2009)

Likeliest scenario is the Rams/NFL/Nike come out with as many design combos (navy StL, retro LA, new Nike in 2019) as possible over the next three years and fleece the LA jersey market lol
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Feb 26, 2016 at 1:57 AM ]
Can we change the title. Jeez, why are we showing respect for a team that has done nothing in LA? They lucked into a HOF QB in ST. LOUIS, and that's about it.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Can we change the title. Jeez, why are we showing respect for a team that has done nothing in LA? They lucked into a HOF QB in ST. LOUIS, and that's about it.

The title is mocking their name with the "of los angeles". What's your problem with it?
it's a slight jab (not really) @ jrg who was certain they'd stay in StL

The title is mocking their name with the "of los angeles". What's your problem with it?

Not enough. Can it at least be in English and Spanish like everything else in LA.

"Discusion oficial de las Cabras de Los Angeles"

Not enough. Can it at least be in English and Spanish like everything else in LA.

"Discusion oficial de las Cabras de Los Angeles"

There's no mexican rams fans, dude. Especially in LA. lol
I love the Los Angeles Rams of Los Angeles! I love it. In fact I think it should say the Los Angeles NFL team called the Los Angeles Rams in Los Angeles.

Let's say Los Angeles as MUCH as possible. It's a dream come true after 20 years of them being in a different city.

As to on field, well, it's still the same team. Minus Long, Laurinatus, Cook.....others to be dropped and added. Same as 49ers.

We both finished in the bottom of our Division.

As I'm sure all of you are: I'm ready to get it going for next year.

Both of our teams might have some surprises, both have something to prove. We both sucked last year.
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Feb 29, 2016 at 6:24 PM ]
Jeff Fisher getting a contract extension LMAO

Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Jeff Fisher getting a contract extension LMAO

Yes.

He is.

He was hired to bring my team home to his home. He deserves it.

Jeff Fisher was hired to bring the Rams home. I love him to forever for that. It is beyond awesome.

Rams are In LOS ANGELES.

Yay

Nothing else matters.

oh, lets add: The Los Angeles Rams in Los Angeles. Repeat!!!!

LOS ANGELES RAMS!
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Feb 29, 2016 at 8:19 PM ]
One more time:

The Los Angeles Rams.

yay.
English: I know the rules and I am well following them since I've been in trouble for being bad to SF fans prior. I will not do that again.

Am I allowed to constant cheer on my team being in LA? I love it.

Is that against your SF rules here?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Stan Kroenke would of given Tomsula a year two.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Stan Kroenke would of given Tomsula a year two.

idk. Do you really think he would've? Your Tomsula is kinda a dork.

Fact for Fisher is he moved the Oilers. Well, and his QB was actually hurt. He has a total dif resume than your Tomsula.

Kroenke has kept Fisher for 4 years and is now expanding his contract. So, what would he have given your Tomsula that he's not giving Fisher? Nothing.

Fisher has a plush contract. No winning years. Winning isn't needed. Tomsula could beg for that. He could beg.

Fisher has what Kroenke wants. Your dude is just a pawn.
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Feb 29, 2016 at 10:25 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone