LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

*Los Angeles Rams thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Yeah but I don't know where Aaron Donald will fit on a 3-4 defense.

Also, I've been watching All or Nothing and have to say I'm disappointed Jeff Fisher was fired. The guy is such an idiot that I think nearly anyone is an upgrade.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Buchy:

Also, I've been watching All or Nothing and have to say I'm disappointed Jeff Fisher was fired. The guy is such an idiot that I think nearly anyone is an upgrade.

Wade Philips runs a one gap 3-4 like his dad, Bum Philips. Donald will most likely not be two gapping. Wade will under/over shift his front to get Donald into a gap. Think of how JJ Watt did so much damage penetrating into the backfield.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

Wade Philips runs a one gap 3-4 like his dad, Bum Philips. Donald will most likely not be two gapping. Wade will under/over shift his front to get Donald into a gap. Think of how JJ Watt did so much damage penetrating into the backfield.

Cheers for that dude, I'm kind of confused as to how the Rams will run the 3-4 as I don't think they've got the personnel for it outside of Donald but they didn't seem to address it in the draft so I assume they have a plan.
Dickerson thinks the Rams should start Sean Manion over Jared Goff LOL
Originally posted by thl408:

Cheers for that dude, I'm kind of confused as to how the Rams will run the 3-4 as I don't think they've got the personnel for it outside of Donald but they didn't seem to address it in the draft so I assume they have a plan.

Well apparently they are going to run a 4-3 which I understand from a personnel standpoint, but not what Phillips is known for nor has he ever run a 4-3 professionally that I am aware of.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jul 28, 2017 at 4:50 PM ]
Donald holding out.....so he's not "fitting in" lmao
The more video I see of McVay, especially video of him talking to the players, the more it becomes clear he's too young for the job. I like McVay for the obvious ties to the 49ers, but I think he's in over his head.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
The more video I see of McVay, especially video of him talking to the players, the more it becomes clear he's too young for the job. I like McVay for the obvious ties to the 49ers, but I think he's in over his head.

Whats he doing wrong?

Shanny gonna school his young azz
Originally posted by Jcool:

Whats he doing wrong?

Nothing wrong per say, just comes off as young, inexperienced, yet has it all figured out. Maybe he'll be ok. We'll get to see 1st hand.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Les Snead is a dead man walking
Easly tore his ACL. That'll make our job a little easier when we go against them
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
Easly tore his ACL. That'll make our job a little easier when we go against them

Dominique Easley, wasn't he drafted by the patriots a couple years ago?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Any insider on Goff? I hope he stinks it up to make our rebuild easier. Some of the Cardinals top players are getting pretty old. As good as some of their young players are I'm curious how they would perform without the vet. leadership.
Seattle still has a dang good squad cause of that D. Can't wait until it breaks up.
[ Edited by titan on Aug 11, 2017 at 8:28 AM ]
Wow Sammy Watkins
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Aug 11, 2017 at 10:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone