Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JustinMT:
But whats their turf like?

Wet, roof has leaks in the latest new i read
It should be open air.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
It should be open air.

Why?

The NFL has a long history with stadium innovation, dating all the way back to when the Houston Oilers made the Astrodome their permanent home from 1968-96.

(Opened in 1965)
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Feb 20, 2016 at 8:25 PM ]
It should be open air.

Perfect for those -10 degree nights.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It should be open air.

Nice and cozy.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
10000 x better than levis
The reality is they're screwing themselves by moving back indoors. Should have won the Seattle playoff game. But Seattle would have beat them by more points if they played that game indoors. They made 4 sb's playing outdoors and zero since. Divisional teams like green bay and Chicago use the Midwestern climate to their advantage. I get a cozy environment for the fans but I think it comes at a cost.
Perhaps they're thinking of hosting future Super Bowls and don't want the weather to inhibit them. GB is more concerned about winning them
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
It should be open air.

I guess it won't have no soul and no advantage...probably price out the real fans...right
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Perhaps they're thinking of hosting future Super Bowls and don't want the weather to inhibit them. GB is more concerned about winning them

Playing indoors will be much better for Teddy Bridgewater's weak-ass arm. I'm sure the fans will appreciate it too.

AD ain't going to be picking up the hard yards forever after all.

Levis > that ship looking thing
It's still better than Levi's. Every other stadium is (except maybe Qualcomm, O.CO). LA Coliseum is possibly even better and that's only a temp. Rams venue. The concessions and amenities at Levi's are top-notch, although overpriced. But they're missing the most important thing. A true HFA.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
It's still better than Levi's. Every other stadium is (except maybe Qualcomm, O.CO). LA Coliseum is possibly even better and that's only a temp. Rams venue. The concessions and amenities at Levi's are top-notch, although overpriced. But they're missing the most important thing. A true HFA.

That type of s**t starts with the fans. True it helps to have a stadium like Seattle's that is structurally designed to hold in the noise. But there's no noise to hold in unless the fans are creating it. For whatever reason we don't seem to have that type of crowd. I'm sure some sections get loud at times but it's not a co-ordinated effort by the entire crowd throughout the course of an entire game.
So funny how many people complain about Levis.

I wonder if Levis was built at Candlestick Point looking exactly the way it does if people would still complain?
Originally posted by ninerjok:

You've been to every stadium in the NFL?
Share 49ersWebzone