LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Vikings new stadium... Opinions?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Blindfury:
You see this then you see Levi's and have to shake your head. Jed built a stadium that would be considered a disappointment even 15 years ago.

It's a football stadium and most love it except a lot of miner 'fans'. Have you been there? Almost everyone, if not absolutely everyone that I now that have been there love it. I've sat in upper bowl, edzone corner, and 50 yard line and every seat is great. Only problems I had was stupid people telling me to shoosh.
being that I grew up in the Elliot park area of Minneapolis , the stadium changed my old neighborhood forever, no more drunken bums walking the streets, no more gangs hanging out drinking at the park at night , the old bars have been bought out or closed down, affordable housing is a distant memory now ....all I know is it f*cked up my old stomping grounds ...........but it is a pretty magnificent stadium , I never would have guessed a stadium of that magnitude would be sitting there ,,,the old ratchet Metrodome didn't effect the neighborhood the way this stadium has
Meh.
How are ppl not blown away by this stadium?? I wish Levis looked like this
Originally posted by Blindfury:
You see this then you see Levi's and have to shake your head. Jed built a stadium that would be considered a disappointment even 15 years ago.

... It's not that bad.
In a traditional football sense it's quite nice, like I mentioned earlier it resembles a traditional FB stadium or current college stadium (Which is kinda cool).

Reminds me of Beaver Stadium.

It's the new wave of NFL stadia that doesn't resemble the traditional FB stadium designs of the past that make it seem a little out dated.

Blame Arizona & Dallas for ushering in the new era.

Still got this one to come as well...
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Feb 19, 2016 at 12:54 PM ]
If construction in the Bay Area wasn't more expensive than practically everywhere else in the U.S.they may have been able to dress up the exterior of the bowl section with fancy cladding. It's no architectural statement, but works.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:

Very nice... So the Dolphins are going with the complete upgrade... I thought they were only doing the seats & had already finished. It seems from the video that there is another phase to be completed this year... The canopy addition is the perfect touch & the interior makeover will bring the SB back to Miami.

Sun Life really need it... By the looks of that video, Dolphins fans will have a pretty slick new look stadium for the 2016 season.
I don't care one way or the other. At least it looks like a finished building...
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If construction in the Bay Area wasn't more expensive than practically everywhere else in the U.S.they may have been able to dress up the exterior of the bowl section with fancy cladding. It's no architectural statement, but works.

It's not that it's expensive but green movement factors and deconstruction in the future.

Heck we couldn't get a good stadium explosion to send the stick off to heaven because of all the hippies

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It's not that it's expensive but green movement factors and deconstruction in the future.

Heck we couldn't get a good stadium explosion to send the stick off to heaven because of all the hippies

Probably had more to do with all the houses that are within a stones throw of the stick.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Probably had more to do with all the houses that are within a stones throw of the stick.
if they can bring down sky scrappers down and not touch any other buildings in a crowded city...they for sure wouldn't have any issues with a neighborhood near by
if they can bring down sky scrappers down and not touch any other buildings in a crowded city...they for sure wouldn't have any issues with a neighborhood near by

It was the alleged spread of asbestos and other toxins, not the physical damages that was the basis of the lawsuits prohibiting blasting it.
Originally posted by 94949er:

It was the alleged spread of asbestos and other toxins, not the physical damages that was the basis of the lawsuits prohibiting blasting it.

They still blast today..in busier areas.

Where would the asbestos be at the stick though ?
But whats their turf like?
Share 49ersWebzone