There are 165 users in the forums

What's with all the "Cut Ahmad Brooks" talk?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
dollar to production value isn't there...time to move on.

He's looked out of shape the last couple seasons too
Hasn't had the eye of the tiger look
Originally posted by zonkers:

For a comparison....Dwight Freeney who the Cards signed 5 games into the season and cost them about a $1 mil ended up with 8 sacks.

But yeah, lets talk about how irreplaceable Brooks is.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
he doesnt derserve to but unless somone out plays the guy//
He is way overpaid, is an average OLB, and has been having team commitment issues. He gets too frustrated during the game and is too emotional. If he wants to take a paycut, im all for it but hell no should we keep him for his 2016 price tag. We can cut him and puts that money towards a better OLB like oliver vernon, tamba hali, or demarcus ware when he gets cut.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
dollar to production value isn't there...time to move on.

not to mention he has quit on the team a few times over the last 2 seasons. I Dont want players like that on our team
Because I'm tired of offsides penalties every game
I never want to see Skuta or Bethea in a niner uni ever again.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I never want to see Skuta or Bethea in a niner uni ever again.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
His d killing offsides penalty every game

every freaking game it seemed
I thought he'd get released these past 3 years haha

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
He is way overpaid, is an average OLB, and has been having team commitment issues. He gets too frustrated during the game and is too emotional. If he wants to take a paycut, im all for it but hell no should we keep him for his 2016 price tag. We can cut him and puts that money towards a better OLB like oliver vernon, tamba hali, or demarcus ware when he gets cut.

Sure, cut him if and when we find a better player. Until then, we have no-one on the team to replace him.

And I doubt very much Baalke will throw the bank at any one of those 3 pass rushers. That's not his style..
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He was a really good player when we had beasts all over the LB corp. Hell he was even a beast himself. But its a rebuild and you dont keep aging veterans at inflated salaries during a rebuild.
I've been seeing that too, seems like every year too. "Father time is undefeated", but I think he's still pretty effective. I think last season an issue of scheme. I really don't think Mangini used the talent properly. I was all last season because Mangini routinely dropped Lynch and Brooks, the two main passrushers, into coverage. (Not to mention asking the secondary to process way too much info pre and post-snap.) I think if the DC allows Brooks to do what does best his production will increase.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

Sure, cut him if and when we find a better player. Until then, we have no-one on the team to replace him.

And I doubt very much Baalke will throw the bank at any one of those 3 pass rushers. That's not his style..

This doesn't even make sense. Even one bit.

So you want Trent to over pay Brooks? Then only cut him if and when they find a better player? That would mean paying for a proven Vet? But Trent won't do that because it's not his style? But he's paying Brooks out the butt for his 6 sacks and 47 offside penalties?

lol

Brooks is 31 years old. Whilhoite 29, Bowman 27, all the other LB are 26-22

If Brooks makes it through another full season I'd be surprised.
Originally posted by SoCold:
This doesn't even make sense. Even one bit.

So you want Trent to over pay Brooks? Then only cut him if and when they find a better player? That would mean paying for a proven Vet? But Trent won't do that because it's not his style? But he's paying Brooks out the butt for his 6 sacks and 47 offside penalties?

lol

Brooks is 31 years old. Whilhoite 29, Bowman 27, all the other LB are 26-22

If Brooks makes it through another full season I'd be surprised.

Uh dude...you better check the going rate for pass rushers. If you think Ware or Vernon are coming to this dumpster fire for 6.5 a year you will be sadly mistaken.

Vernon is expected to command 13-15 million PER YEAR and stats wise is not that much better than Brooks!!! So ya, I am pretty sure Baalke will stick with Brooks.

Like I said before, 6.5 mil for a 3 down linebacker pretty much guaranteed to get 40 tackles and 6.5 sacks is a STEAL.
Share 49ersWebzone