There are 175 users in the forums

Peyton Manning USA Today Sexual Assault Cover Up

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jiks
Ray Lewis
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
Originally posted by SisterFister:
Look at all the Peyton Manning apologists in here.

Obviously you all didn't read the article. This much is true.

Here's what a JUDGE said about the incident.

"Even if the plaintiff is a public figure, the evidence of record contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the court that a genuine issue of material fact exists that would allow a jury to find, by clear and convincing evidence, the existence of actual malice of the part of the defendants. Specifically, there is evidence of record, substantial enough to suggest that the defendants knew that the passages in question were false, or acted in reckless disregard of their falsity. There is evidence of record to suggest that there were obvious reasons to doubt the veracity of Peyton Manning's account of the incident in question. The court further finds that there is sufficient evidence to permit the conclusion that the defendants entertained serious doubts as to the truth of the passages in this case."

Most of the posters defending his actions probably didn't read the Article in Total ... let alone, thumb through the court documents.
Not that it matters to The Mannings, but I use to have a certain level of respect for them ... post reading this, ESPECIALLY the court
proceedings, I have none.

They and the UOT, MESSED over people's lives ... because they didn't go along with the Party Line. Dr. Naughright, fired twice ... the
2nd time, because The Mannings couldn't live by the agreed upon (and legally binding) non disclosure document, of the alledged events
while at the UOT ... forbidding either party to EVER discuss said events in public. Common sense, or better yet, a sense of decency would
have told them to omit that Chapter ... but I guess including that chapter in their Tell-it-All book (The Mannings), was more important. I see
it a means of Quality Control ... just to be sure. Either way, Stupid move on their part.

Rollo and another staff member approach Dr. Naughright -- after Saxon refuses to lie about the Mooning of him by Manning:
"Before she left, though, two staff members of the school, according to the documents, asked Naughright if she would consider
blaming the entire incident not on Manning, but on another athlete — a black one. According to Naughright, the staff members
(named as Mr. Wyant and Mr. Rollo), went so far as to actually name a specific black athlete she could blame it on. Of course, she
refused (see pages 18-19)".

In her remaining time at the university, Naughright testified that Manning, in her presence, on two separate occasions, deliberately
reenacted the sexual assault on other student athletes to terrorize her. On another occasion he allegedly called her a "b***h" in front
of other athletes after snatching a marker used to label drug-test specimens from her hand and throwing it across the room (see page 22).

After the book was released, Dr. Naughright had no recourse but to resurface and defend herself ... thats when the Manning Fabrication
Machine, goes into Full Swing!

It appears that Peyton and Archie Manning thought Naughright would accept what they did to her quietly. They were wrong. This time,
she did file suit against Peyton Manning, Archie Manning, the ghostwriter John Underwood, and the publisher Harper Collins. Manning
and his lawyers asked for the case to be dismissed, but Polk County Circuit Judge Harvey A. Kornstein not only denied the motion but
put Peyton Manning, his father, and the others on blast. In his statement, he said:

"Even if the plaintiff is a public figure, the evidence of record contains sufficient evidence to satisfy the court that a genuine issue of material
fact exists that would allow a jury to find, by clear and convincing evidence, the existence of actual malice of the part of the defendants ...

The judge continues, then and with this:
In other words, Judge Kornstein said that there is evidence to support the conclusion that Peyton Manning lied in his book about
the incidents and knew that he was lying about the incidents.

Personally, I believe he approached her during their initial meet ... spurned, he set out on a 2 plus year vendetta ... which included the genitalia
on her head incident, and the subsequent harassment. He mentions this later, after the book is released about her FOUL mouth, and lack of
professionalism ... also of which was shot down, by virtually every person interviewed in the case that knew of Dr, Naughright:

"Soon after the alleged sexual assault, records show that Manning told the school, "I have never approved of Jamie's vulgar
language. It has always been my opinion, along with the majority of the team, that Jamie wants to be one of the guys."

To his father, he concocted far worse lies that were torn apart, one by one, when he and others were forced to testify under oath.
He told his father, Archie, "she's kind of trashy," and "had the most vulgar mouth of any girl he'd ever seen" and "was unattractive
but had big breasts" and had "been out with a bunch of black guys" and "had a toilet mouth." ...

This might make a fair to decent Sport (Football) Movie ... only thing, we've ALL seen this story before, therefore, we already know how it ends!

Interesting. Which is to say if it's true, this is quite damning of the Manning's.

If you look at the dcuments, it's extremely unlikely that it isn't true.
All I care about is on the field football. I don't care about any athletes personal life or off the field issues. These guys are not role models.
Originally posted by Baylor:
All I care about is on the field football. I don't care about any athletes personal life or off the field issues. These guys are not role models.

Lol? Is that for real?
Am I the only one who thinks this is NBD??
Originally posted by Baylor:

You'd never hear me state such NONSENSE, just so we're Crystal of that aspect.

Like many posters on this website, many have played Football -- as well as, other High School /University Sports -- and some of
us, have probably (at one time or another), been privy to "Entitled Jock Mentality" type Athletes ... not Student Athletes mind you,
but straight-up "Jocks" ... and some of the Minions that pack alone.

I'm not calling Peyton one of these people ... why, because I've never meet or interviewed the man. Didn't know much about the case,
until I read the court documents via the link in this thread. If living through, and witnessing 1st hand, how "EJM" works, the advantages
it has (the higher you go in Sports) and how it's Often Abused/Misused ... didn't teach me a lesson with regard them as Role Models ...
because they are people who are gifted with having superior athletic ability (as compared to the rest of society) ... then covering Pro
Athletes as a profession, "Killed All That Noise with The Quickness".

I get that times change, and as with most things, certain behaviours are deemed Generational. Mistakes aside though, a line must be
drawn somewhere, right ??? Some of the comments in this tread (to this incident) are slightly alarming in a sense, though not a total
surprise to me.

Then again, how many of you that seemingly made light of this ... no matter How Many Years Have Past (since it allegedly happened) ...
have had to look into the eyes of someone that you know Very WELL, or care about: like your Mother, or Sister, maybe your Daughter;
how about your Wife (???), after something like this -- or worst -- that being RAPE happens, and you get to witness 1st hand, the Permanent
Harm actions like these cause.

I'LL bet My Last €'s & $'s, that the SONG you Now Sing, would be Oh-so-Different, if it became personal to you ... and therein Lies just ONE
of the MANY Problems with Sexual Abuse Worldwide.
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 14, 2016 at 6:43 PM ]
I am one of those guys that won't rush to judgment unless you've been found guilty in a court of law. Same with Cam Newton. So what if he pouted after a loss. At least he is no criminal unlike other players. Get over it and hope that your own kids can stay as clean as Cam has in terms of the law. For Peyton I give him the benefit of the doubt until he is convicted. I will tell you however if this were one of my daughters and they came to me with this I would have gotten to Peyton without anyone but me and him knowing about it. I ain't big on involving others in my business but I am keen on handling it. It is always suspicious to me when things like this come out because my first thought is what was her dad or brothers or uncles doing about it?

I know this is illegal but I can't imagine anyone in my family not looking to make him pay once one of ours told us what happened. Maybe just this accusation has me infuriated thinking about how enraged I would be if he had done this to my daughter. I don't know if he did or didn't here but I know what I would want to do to him over mine. I hope this is not true because I really don't want to have to think ill of Peyton
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 14, 2016 at 5:15 PM ]
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Am I the only one who thinks this is NBD??

You can argue the sexual assault.....MAYBE.

But trying to ruin her life after the fact, and the hubris of publishing the story in the book? That part is essentially not up for debate....and not cool.

And when you factor in the general arrogance of the Manning family (Archie coaxing Eli out of San Diego, the general blowing of Peyton in the press) and then you throw this in -- F those guys.

Granted I have a bias against Peyton and can't stand his family......but I'm willing to let a lot of ish go because I agree on some level I don't really care about the personal lives of players.

But he's not anonymous. This isn't Ricardo Lockette we're talking about here.....

And then you think about Tom Brady and what he's been through.........makes a full admission of deflating footballs seems like a total joke.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
You'd never hear me state such NONSENSE, just so we're Crystal of that aspect.

Like many posters on this website, many have played Football -- as well as, other High School /University Sports -- and some of
us, have probably (at one time or another), been privy to "Entitled Jock Mentality" type Athletes ... not Student Athletes mind you,
but straight-up "Jocks" ... and some of the Minions that pack alone.

I'm not calling Peyton one of these people ... why, because I've never meet or interviewed the man. Didn't know much about the case,
until I read the court documents via the link in this thread. If living through, and witnessing 1st hand, how "EJM" works, the advantages
it has (the higher you go in Sports) and how it's Often Abused/Misused ... didn't teach me a lesson with regard them as Role Models ...
because they are people who are gifted with having superior athletic ability (as compared to the rest of society) ... then covering Pro
Athletes as a profession, "Killed All That Noise with The Quickness".

I get that times change, and as with most things, certain behaviours are deemed Generational. Mistakes aside though, a line must be
drawn somewhere, right ??? Some of the comments in this tread (to this incident) are slightly alarming in a sense, though not a total
surprise to me.

Then again, how many of you that seemingly made light of this ... no matter How Many Years Have Past (since it allegedly happened) ...
have had to look into the eyes of someone that you know Very WELL, or care about: like your Mother, or Sister, maybe your Daughter;
how about your Wife (???), after something like this -- or worst -- that being RAPE happens, and you get to witness 1st hand, the Permanent
Harm actions like these cause.

I'LL bet My Last €'s & $'s, that the SONG you Now Sing, would be Oh-so-Different, if it became personal to you ... and therein Lies just ONE
of the MANY Problems with Sexual Abuse Worldwide.

Amen.

Well said FlayvaMeister.

Speaking of rape, I get this suspicion that teabagging is the spin and Peyton actually raped her.

ok, just kidding, but wanted to mess around a little bit with ya'll.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Both guys can be jerks at the same time.....never got the memo it has to be one OR the other.

The list of QBs acting like jerks this season or others is lengthy:

Peyton
Cam
Rodgers
Brady
Wilson
RG3
Geno Smith
Cutler
Roethlisberger
Ryan Mallett

What else is new?

Rivers, Eli, Brees and Kap are also not saints....

I'm not sure how u can get much classier then Brees

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
She's changed her story over time to make it seem worse....

"That said, an affidavit signed by Naughright in 1996, the year of the alleged incident,does seem to be inconsistent with the claims made while testifying several years later: "He pulled his pants down and exposed himself to me, as I was bent over examining his foot after asking me personal questions. I reported this to my supervisor, who referred to it as 'merely a prank,' and no action was taken in regard to this until after I formally complained."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15/new-manning-lawsuit-documents-underscore-one-sided-nature-of-daily-news-document/
Peyton is royalty. There's nothing to see here
Originally posted by Tman:
Lol ESPN told their employees not to report this story. Does it mean it's a non story or the NFL has ESPN by the balls

It means if ESPN does report it, people rip them, calling them TMZ. They don't report it, and they get ripped for siding with Peyton & the NFL. They really can't win tbh.
How old was he at the time, 19? 20? This s**t happened in 1996, who f**king cares.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
How old was he at the time, 19? 20? This s**t happened in 1996, who f**king cares.

Clearly you do since you posted about it.
Share 49ersWebzone