LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

JJ Watt Wins 2016 DPOY

Shop 49ers game tickets
Cool, but anyone else think Josh Norman deserved it just a little bit more?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
#DPOYSoWhite
I think that Aaron Donald and Luke Kuelchy deserved more but Watt had great season too.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:

No way. Great cover guy playing on an excellent defense.
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
I think that Aaron Donald and Luke Kuelchy deserved more but Watt had great season too.

Donald had a great season, no doubt.

Kuelchy is another stud player, but I think he greatly benefits by having Thomas Davis playing next to him. I've watched most of Carolina's games this year and Davis outshines Luke many weeks. They're such a dominant duo.
[ Edited by strickac on Feb 7, 2016 at 8:38 AM ]
Originally posted by strickac:

No way. Great cover guy playing on an excellent defense.

Kuechly missed nearly half the season, so I dont think he shoudve been considered... Norman held that defense down even without Luke on the field... Norman is a big reason why the defense is so great, he isint a product of a good defense he contributes to the good defense. I thought he deserved to win, but I can understand why he didnt, what I cant understand is how Norman wasnt even nominated...
Beast.
Kuechly missed nearly half the season, so I dont think he shoudve been considered... Norman held that defense down even without Luke on the field... Norman is a big reason why the defense is so great, he isint a product of a good defense he contributes to the good defense. I thought he deserved to win, but I can understand why he didnt, what I cant understand is how Norman wasnt even nominated...

Their front 7 is nasty. Peyton will be running for his life. Norman is a great cover guy, but he also has one of the best pass rushes in front of him. That combined with opposing teams generally playing from behind and it's no wonder they led the league in Ints.

The Super Bowl showcases two dominant team defense.
JJ Watt is excellent.

I haven't watched many Houston games so I can't say if he benefits from any other guy's performance.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
#DPOYSoWhite

Should've been Luke Keuchkly tbh.

norman held the defense down??? doesn't this mean that he pulled it down outcome-wise?
I still stand by this, Norman deserved this award.
This guy has the strength of five slave owners.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
This guy has the strength of five slave owners.

Lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
seems like as good of place as any....

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
JJ Watt underwent back surgery and will open camp on PUP, as @McClain_on_NFL reported. Watt expected to be ready for regular-season opener.
Share 49ersWebzone