LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Cam Newton's Ego

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Since07:
This guy has begun to rub me the wrong way. I agreed with him on his excessive celebration "dont like it? stop me." attitude but it has began to grown old quick. Maybe it's just because he scored so damn much in the last 2 games? He acts nonchalant in interviews going into the NFC championship and now the Super Bowl like he's the s**t. This is the same guy who walked out of an interview crying cause he lost the divisional round...

I hope they are in position for the game winning drive down 4 and throws a pick 6 to lose the Super Bowl shattering his soul.

I don't see any of this. The guy has always praised the team. He smiles a lot though, he's confident. He's not a pushover, and he's GOOD! That really bothers a lot of people.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Living in Seattle, I love his antics. I get to listen to 12s b***h and moan about Cam all the time, which is downright delightful. I just wish a SF QB could elicit such a response.

I love the bold. Jim Rome was calling them out a couple days ago on air and calling them the 12th Bags (douche) because of that lame petition they eventually gave up on...
Cam doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I find him very likable.

I'd much rather watch or listen to Cam Newton than someone like Russell Wilson, a guy who's boring, manufactured, and speaks exclusively lip service.
Originally posted by Blindfury:
Nope, not even close. Fans here want their QB especially a certain way. Cam doesn't fit that. I'll be rooting for him in the Super Bowl. Good on him for speaking his mind and. He's right.

Nope,fans here want a QB that wins,nobody cares how they act as long as they win.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
This guy has begun to rub me the wrong way. I agreed with him on his excessive celebration "dont like it? stop me." attitude but it has began to grown old quick. Maybe it's just because he scored so damn much in the last 2 games? He acts nonchalant in interviews going into the NFC championship and now the Super Bowl like he's the s**t. This is the same guy who walked out of an interview crying cause he lost the divisional round...

I hope they are in position for the game winning drive down 4 and throws a pick 6 to lose the Super Bowl shattering his soul.
You would love him if he was on the 49ers. What about all the stuff you know who did before he came crashing down, hint he kissed his biceps, posed naked and let the world know he has more money in shoes than most of us make in a couple years.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I think I am torn now... part of me wants Panthers to win because I know it would eat at the cawksuckers up north. The other part of me wants them to lose so all the celebrations and the feeling of cocky confidence (like the Rams / Patriots in their Super Bowl losses) would come to a bitter end
I'm waiting for the broken collar bone of scapula on one of those pointless "superman" dives of his. His act is just a little too over the top.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:

You would love him if he was on the 49ers. What about all the stuff you know who did before he came crashing down, hint he kissed his biceps, posed naked and let the world know he has more money in shoes than most of us make in a couple years.

I'm not a Cam fan, but I would rather tolerate his act than watch Kap speak at interviews; hearing about his stupid social media crap or watch him stupidly looking for some chicken nuggets when [everyone else knew] Larry Byrd had it all that time ... and I certainly don't want my QB posing nude like a b!tch before you even won a Super Bowl
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
Nope, not even close. Fans here want their QB especially a certain way. Cam doesn't fit that. I'll be rooting for him in the Super Bowl. Good on him for speaking his mind and. He's right.

Nope,fans here want a QB that wins,nobody cares how they act as long as they win.
That is what people with common sense believe. #7 here could look and act like the older Dennis Rodman and he would be praised for everything if he was playing as well as Cam Newton this year. He could be an All American boy like Tim Tebow and act just as pure and people would be crapping on everything he did down to what he ate for breakfast if he was 2-6 with a poor rating.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
I'm waiting for the broken collar bone of scapula on one of those pointless "superman" dives of his. His act is just a little too over the top.

holy sh!t, you went there

Originally posted by theduke85:
Cam doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I find him very likable.

I'd much rather watch or listen to Cam Newton than someone like Russell Wilson, a guy who's boring, manufactured, and speaks exclusively lip service.

Russ is fake. It will come out at some point.

The thing with his wife and Tate? I don't think it ever happened. My theory is that Russ used Tate as a goat because he was messing around on the wife and got busted. That's why Tate wanted him to tell the truth. Or, Russ is actually gay.
Originally posted by LVJay:

holy sh!t, you we

I'm not a Cam fan, but I would rather tolerate his act than watch Kap speak at interviews; hearing about his stupid social media crap or watch him stupidly looking for some chicken nuggets when [everyone else knew] Larry Byrd had it all that time ... and I certainly don't want my QB posing nude like a b!tch before you even won a Super Bowl

Personally I don't want my QB banging his star pass rushers leftovers. That is worse than anything else.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

holy sh!t, you went there

Personally I don't want my QB banging his star pass rushers leftovers. That is worse than anything else.

Word...

I don't see any of this. The guy has always praised the team. He smiles a lot though, he's confident. He's not a pushover, and he's GOOD! That really bothers a lot of people.

Walter Payton, praised his line, gave his team everything he had, had a better smile and oh, handed the ball to the ref and went to the sideline. CHECKMATE!

And he was REALLY GOOD.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

Walter Payton, praised his line, gave his team everything he had, had a better smile and oh, handed the ball to the ref and went to the sideline. CHECKMATE!

And he was REALLY GOOD.

Walter was a great man and player, of course. Cam will NEVER be able to hold a candle to his jock strap!!!
Share 49ersWebzone