There are 359 users in the forums

SB Winner Antwaan Randle-El Wishes he never played football

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Wow.

This guy had a very successful career, won a superbowl, had 41 million dollars worth of contracts.....and if he could go back and do it again he says he wouldn't play. At 37 years old he is already having trouble remembering things and using the stairs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/if-antwaan-randle-el-could-go-back--he-wouldn-t-play-football-200638140.html
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
it's so much easier to say those now.. but how happy was he when he was counting the money, the women and the liquor??

And I'm not trying to be an insensitive person, but what else could he had done with his life, knowing the god given ability he once had to becoming a football player..
  • vaden
  • Veteran

Hard to even enjoy watching the game anymore after stories like this. Nor should I. I'd definitely advise against anyone playing football. Research is showing it's not just the concussions but much moreso the cumulative effect of regular collisions on the brain.
Originally posted by 9moon:
it's so much easier to say those now.. but how happy was he when he was counting the money, the women and the liquor??

And I'm not trying to be an insensitive person, but what else could he had done with his life, knowing the god given ability he once had to becoming a football player..

You should read the article
He's married, has kids, and is religious. Why did you bring in the women and liquor part? Lol

He's claiming he wished he played baseball instead of football. Apparently he was good enough to do both and given the choice between the two he would pick baseball.
That doesn't necessarily mean he would write off football if it was that or nothing

Very misleading article
Share 49ersWebzone