LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Do the Cincinnati player discipline issues taint your view of Hue Jackson?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do the Cincinnati player discipline issues taint your view of Hue Jackson?

• dj43
I have been skeptical of that organization for over a decade. They have a history of player discipline issues, both on and off the field. I like what I have heard about Jackson and his offense but am skeptical of someone who was comfortable coaching there. He had to see that there were issues and chose to ignore them, OR he didn't see them or overlooked the potential problems. Of course, he may have seen them but didn't have the power to force behavioral changes.

MODS: If this steps on the toes of the regular thread, feel free to merge. I believe this is worth focusing on just this issue.
The problems are on the defensive side of the ball not that I would blame a coordinator for that anyways. Most of the offensive guys seems like great guys AJ Green, Dalton, Eiffert not that Jackson should get credit for that.
Originally posted by dj43:
I have been skeptical of that organization for over a decade. They have a history of player discipline issues, both on and off the field. I like what I have heard about Jackson and his offense but am skeptical of someone who was comfortable coaching there. He had to see that there were issues and chose to ignore them, OR he didn't see them or overlooked the potential problems. Of course, he may have seen them but didn't have the power to force behavioral changes.

MODS: If this steps on the toes of the regular thread, feel free to merge. I believe this is worth focusing on just this issue.

As long as he can demonstrate the lessons learned. Nobody is perfect, he was younger and has had time to reflect on his previous tenure as HC. What does matter is he seems to have a measure of success wherever he goes. This is football, this is a career for everybody involved and it's a business. This is not about hiring someone who's going to be everybody's friend. We saw where that got us this season.

This team doesn't need someone who's going to struggle for power openly (Chip), nor does it need a buddy (Tomsula). It needs someone respectful but with the balls to be able to discuss issues with the GM and deal with players. The boat needs to rock a little bit.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Jan 10, 2016 at 1:56 PM ]
I already questioned Hue Jackson's character after how he acted in Oakland. Last night didn't help, but that's more on Marvin Lewis.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I already questioned Hue Jackson's character after how he acted in Oakland. Last night didn't help, but that's more on Marvin Lewis.

This...also last nights horrible playcalling.
if Hue was HC..you might have a good thread
As one of the team leaders his voice should have been raised at some point if he was uncomfortable with something. If it was it kept quiet.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
if Hue was HC..you might have a good thread

This. Hue is just OC, does Geep gets a say or is one of the TEAM LEADER? lmao. Brooks being a headcase/douche is on Geep?
[ Edited by stud85 on Jan 10, 2016 at 2:03 PM ]
  • MFWIC
  • Veteran
you buy head cases you get head cases.

HC is the where the buck stops on discipline of players during the game.

one of the best coaches in the NRL has a "no d******d" policy, no matter how good a player seems to be, if he is a "dick" then the coach will not sign him.

I think this coach has won the most "superbowls" / "grand finals" equivalents in our games history
[ Edited by MFWIC on Jan 10, 2016 at 2:26 PM ]
I'm fairly certain Hue learned a valuable lesson not only witnessing what happened with Cinci but also how he handled Rolondo McClain's arrest when he was with Oakland.

No that's on the DC and Marvin Lewis, who is a defensive minded coach, so I have no issue hiring Hue Jackson.
No but I am concerned about the Raiders being the most penalized team in the NFL under Jackson.
It doesn't taint it, but it does make it important to ask how Hue would handle discipline.
Even if he's a player's coach, as the HC, he's got to have a plan in place (hire enforcer assistants) and a standard for conduct.
Aldon Smith come on down!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Where is the "No, because I'm not a retard" option?
Share 49ersWebzone