LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Los Angeles Relocation Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets

OFFICIAL: Los Angeles Relocation Thread

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Why I want the rams in LA....

1) less travel for the niners. Most years the rams game is at 10am.

2) seeing jrg have a meltdown about his 2nd fav team moving

he will never attend another football game ever.

Sure he will. Discount airfare and game tickets can be found here.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

3) renews dormant intrastate rivalry
Rivalry ?, they are just some team in our division who we forever owned. They should have been shipped out like Carolina/Atlanta/Saints

Kind of like Seattle owns us. Hardly a rivalry.

Nope. We only really owned them in the early 90's when their owner was tanking the team (it continued in StL til '99).

Up til 1990 NFCCG Niners-Rams was on par with Giants-Dodgers. Even when both teams were mediocre or not in the playoff hunt, their games were circled on the schedule as must not lose.

Heck, little known fact is the late-80's Rams offense was the proving ground/springboard from whence came the early-90's Cowboys offense (Norv Turner and Ernie Zampese were poached from LA by Dallas).
the only reason it's somewhat a rivalry is the Bay /LA rivalry

That Rivalry didn't stick when the Rams moved

3) renews dormant intrastate rivalry
Rivalry ?, they are just some team in our division who we forever owned. They should have been shipped out like Carolina/Atlanta/Saints

Kind of like Seattle owns us. Hardly a rivalry.

Nope. We only really owned them in the early 90's when their owner was tanking the team (it continued in StL til '99).

Up til 1990 NFCCG Niners-Rams was on par with Giants-Dodgers. Even when both teams were mediocre or not in the playoff hunt, their games were circled on the schedule as must not lose.

Heck, little known fact is the late-80's Rams offense was the proving ground/springboard from whence came the early-90's Cowboys offense (Norv Turner and Ernie Zampese were poached from LA by Dallas).
the only reason it's somewhat a rivalry is the Bay /LA rivalry

That Rivalry didn't stick when the Rams moved

Of course it didn't, which is why it should be rekindled.

To continue the baseball analogy, even if the D-backs or Rockies are running away with the NL west, Giants-Dodgers games will still be intense just for the fact the two cities/regions dislike each other.

The late 80's Rams gave the Niners fits at times (they won a couple @ the Stick even with Joe and all the dynasty guys in their prime). That Dec '89 MNF game where JT had 2 90+ yd TD in a comeback win was the last great Niner-Ram game IMO. After that even though the Rams fell apart and their owner gutted her team, the dislike between the cities' fans remained, but then was lost forever with the STL move.
Of course it didn't, which is why it should be rekindled.

To continue the baseball analogy, even if the D-backs or Rockies are running away with the NL west, Giants-Dodgers games will still be intense just for the fact the two cities/regions dislike each other.

The late 80's Rams gave the Niners fits at times (they won a couple @ the Stick even with Joe and all the dynasty guys in their prime). That Dec '89 MNF game where JT had 2 90+ yd TD in a comeback win was the last great Niner-Ram game IMO. After that even though the Rams fell apart and their owner gutted her team, the dislike between the cities' fans remained, but then was lost forever with the STL move.
exactly. It's not the Rams, it's the city. Fill in any team..boom North and South CA are at odds
As long as the rams move to LA I'm happy.

Me TOO!!!!!

I'd prefer Rams only, but won't even notice or care if Chargers tag along.

he will never attend another football game ever.

Sure he will. Discount airfare and game tickets can be found here.

Rams will still occasionally play in Chicago, Detroit and whatever other towns are right there in the midwest by StL. Easy to get to....(I've been told by StL fans that it's a simple commute from Oakland to Carson for games, so).
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Jan 8, 2016 at 1:02 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:
Rams will still occasionally play in Chicago, Detroit and whatever other towns are right there in the midwest by StL. Easy to get to....(I've been told by StL fans that it's a simple commute from Oakland to Carson for games, so).

If they move, I'll still get to 49ers games. Just not as much. I'm sure Soldier Field, Arrowhead Stadium, etc can't be worse than the Edward Jones Dome that Kroenke does nothing to.

• jrg
  • Veteran
ESPN John Clayton believes NFL will vote to keep Rams in St. Louis

Nice listen. Starts at 5:40.

link
[ Edited by jrg on Jan 8, 2016 at 7:34 PM ]
he's pandering to the StL homer sportstalk....what does that seattle still-lives-with-his-momma's boy nerd really know

all kroenke has to do is threaten antitrust litigation against the league and the vacillating owners will fall into his line and coerce spanos into breaking his unholy pact with davis

frontiere didn't get her way first time around in an owners vote back in '95, but pulling an al davis, all she had to do was not so subtly hint at suing the league and voila, two months later complete 180 on the vote
he's pandering to the StL homer sportstalk....what does that seattle still-lives-with-his-momma's boy nerd really know

all kroenke has to do is threaten antitrust litigation against the league and the vacillating owners will fall into his line and coerce spanos into breaking his unholy pact with davis

frontiere didn't get her way first time around in an owners vote back in '95, but pulling an al davis, all she had to do was not so subtly hint at suing the league and voila, two months later complete 180 on the vote

But what about the proposal summary?

• jrg
  • Veteran

Someone who is neutral on the topic gives his opinion and doesn't agree with what YOU think, so that means hes pandering to "StL homer sportstalk"

Makes me wonder how you would feel if he said the same thing regarding Los Angeles on LA sports radio.

Lol
[ Edited by jrg on Jan 8, 2016 at 8:37 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

You seem to be very interested in this. Even after you've gone over it numerous times. Pretty weird man. But here ya go...again.

proposal summary

link

hahahaah... my ninja POG. that is the new webzone question of 2016. MOVE THEM

Why the f**k aren't you in the hall of fame? Always droppin the knowledge.

MOVE THEM
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
hahahaah... my ninja POG. that is the new webzone question of 2016. MOVE THEM

Originally posted by sacniner:
Why the f**k aren't you in the hall of fame? Always droppin the knowledge.

MOVE THEM

lot of dick riding going on in here. sac is almost like the new garce.
Share 49ersWebzone