LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Former 49ers Coach Greg Roman gets one vote for NFL Coordinator of the Year

Shop 49ers game tickets
https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/684123070223806469

Aaron Schatz@FO_ASchatzHead of Football Outsiders, ESPN Insider analyst. Your favorite or least favorite NFL writer, depending on my spreadsheets. No fantasy advice over Twitter.

1:23 PM - 4 Jan 2016

"So we'll try this again: I'm proud of my vote for GREG ROMAN as coordinator of the year for making the Bills a top-10 offense."
But ......but.....the fade passes to the back of the end zone?
Originally posted by 16to87:
But ......but.....the fade passes to the back of the end zone?

Don't forget the loaded roster he inherited.
I think Aaron Schatz is just proclaiming his pride in voting for Roman. I don't think anything has been awarded.
Crazy how their defense went into the tank but offensively they improved. Roman had speed and playmakers at skill positions he never had in SF.
they were still 28th in passing.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Hey man, fact is, I was and still glad to see HarRoman work elsewhere.

Roman is a good coordinator, then Harbaugh was jacking things up. Vise versa.

Fact is, those two should never work together again. And something tells me that Michigan isn't calling offensive plays the same way the 49ers were in 2014. Actually, no one ever called plays like that. Because it's dumb!!!!
title seems misleading
hindsight is always 20/20

people are ripping apart Baalke right now, but I could see him end up somewhere else in a few years and win GM of the year again
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by Escobar:
hindsight is always 20/20

people are ripping apart Baalke right now, but I could see him end up somewhere else in a few years and win GM of the year again
Again?

edit. I see...he was executive of the year in 2011.
[ Edited by Morgan49 on Jan 5, 2016 at 2:15 PM ]

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
they were still 28th in passing.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
it was never really Roman, the problem with our offense has always been Kaepernick..
Originally posted by 9moon:
it was never really Roman, the problem with our offense has always been Kaepernick..

it's too tough to tell because at the same time Kap started digressing is when we started losing guys on our OL. Starting with Goodwin via FA, then Kilgore and AD got hurt, AD retired, we moved Boone to LG instead of signing Mathis and putting Boone at RT. And we ended up with the worst starting RT, C and RG in the league

That's why I believe our biggest needs are to fix the OL, it's gonna be impossible to evaluate a QB under these conditions. You think Goff or Lynch could turn this team around playing behind an OL like that? haha
[ Edited by Escobar on Jan 5, 2016 at 2:23 PM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:

Ya sure looks that way now.

I was on the Roman hate train hard because in theory there are always quality coaches available for hire whereas you kind of have to luck into a quality QB, so I guess it was wishful thinking that he was holding Kap back and not the other way around.
if anyone should get it... it should go to Norv Turner
Share 49ersWebzone