There are 212 users in the forums

Head Coach candidate Hue Jackson (signs with CLE)

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by thl408:
Got a raw deal in OAK. He had that team winning until Jason Campbell busted up his shoulder. I think my memory is correct.

Agreed. He is a strong coach, bay area ties, and was doing well until the Cambell thing. BTW, his fix for that was Palmer. People laughed them but it looks pretty good now.

I definitly like his offensive minded approach. I'd really rather have him as OC. If he's head coach I hope the OC is like him then.
Originally posted by dj43:
I am not opposed to Jackson. I am more hesitant on him. From various reports I have read, he is a guy that you either love or hate. This roster still needs a teacher, not a "my way or the highway" personality. He is a bright offensive mind but is he the leader this team needs?

He is a middling 2nd place to Payton.

I'm feeling this
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Jan 4, 2016 at 5:29 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Here's my contribution to this thread:

Funny, that's how I feel about Chip Kelly, your top choice.

So you're not a fan then lol.
Originally posted by FL9er:

Same here.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
The more I think about it the more I want Hue Jackson.He has swagger and his offenses are potent.He had Darren Mcfadden looking good and has turned Andy Dalton into a whole new player.This guy can just coach and with his eye for offense combined with Baalke focusing on defense I think we can look like a playoff team again rather quickly.One more thing that impressed me was he called a great game plan against Seattle this year on offense(Yes the Bengals have better talent on offense but we can build up talent)Add all that with the fact we dont have to give up compensation for him puts him at the top of my wish list.
Is Hue Jackson a big splash? He reminds me of Mark jackson on the Warriors. And of course, Steve Kerr is Jimmy Tomsula
He seems the most likely choice knowing Baalke and co. Payton would be the sexy choice but niners never go that route. And I seriously doubt they give up draft picks for Payton.

I think Jackson is the most viable and likely the best choice.

Lol this.

Chip Kelly is not my top choice.

Hue has interviewed before with the Niners, this was during the Harbaugh hiring process. IIRC, it was reported at that time that Jed was quite impressed with Hue.

IMO, the next 49er HC will either be Hue Jackson or Shanny the Red Lobster.
nvm
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 4, 2016 at 7:37 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
I am not opposed to Jackson. I am more hesitant on him. From various reports I have read, he is a guy that you either love or hate. This roster still needs a teacher, not a "my way or the highway" personality. He is a bright offensive mind but is he the leader this team needs?

He is a middling 2nd place to Payton.

You can say that for a lot of top coaches. Belichick, Parcells, Payton and yes even Harbaugh.

Jackson led a pretty poor Oakland roster to tie for their best record since 2002. He was let go because their owner was senile and stupid. The team had mad respect for him.

He's proven that he knows how to run a well rounded offense in today's NFL and can coach up QBs. He's a great candidate.
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20160105_Sean_Payton_as_Eagles_coach__Jenkins_likes_the_idea.html

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20160104_Sean_Payton_tops_on_Eagles__wish_list.html

baalke type of guy
Share 49ersWebzone