Originally posted by lamontb:
3rd rounder

This is likely.
anything higher than a 5th is too much
Maybe he'll get fired
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I heard his camp reached out to the Niners, is that true or just a rumor?

agents starting the bidding wars
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Sean Payton tells the Saints that he wants out, they'll take whatever compensation they can get from whatever team he wants to go to. I wouldnt offer them anything higher than a 3rd..if that.

Saints fans entertaining delusions of multiple 1st rounders are going to be mighty disappointed.

a 3rd ..yes ...a 2nd?? ..No !!!!! ...we could afford to lose one of our 3rd round picks , but we gotta keep that 2nd
Originally posted by Aacadena:
hell yeah why wouldn't we, you guys act like a 2nd round pick has value around here with Baalke. I'd rather have a quarenteed offense over a uncertain draft pick.

Yeah, we crushed the second round picks under Singletary and Harbaugh...Mays, CK, James and McDonald.

This is for our coaching FUTURE. You make that move without hesitation!
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I wouldnt give up a 2nd round pick. Maybe a 5th this year and a conditional 2nd next year if we go to the playoffs.

Hmmm I like the idea of the conditional pick... normally Id say only a 4th or 5th but a 5th and a conditional 2nd I could live with.

edit: Also it would be nice to get a coach with a track record for playing Seattle well. I'm too lazy to look it up but iirc saints haven't had much luck against them have they?
[ Edited by sactomkiii on Jan 4, 2016 at 8:10 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if anyone but Payton is making that 2nd pick, then it's lost anyway. get heeeeeeeeeeem
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
if anyone but Payton is making that 2nd pick, get heeeeeeeeeeem

Yeah his track record with 2nd rounders is awesome. He drafts defense worse than Baalke drafts offense.

New Orleans isnt in cap hell and with almost no talent on defense because he has been a good steward of personnel.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 4, 2016 at 8:17 AM ]
nahhh , we can get HC for free and I think people started to figure out his O, we need new blood on HC offensive minded !

New Orleans have zero leverage. Send them a 4th this year and a conditional late rounder next year.

"Would not be surprised if ultimately Sean Payton is dealt for a mid-round pick. He won't want new team to give up too much. Maybe a 4th"

-Jason LaCanfora
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Jan 4, 2016 at 8:22 AM ]
Also the Saints will NOT pay Brees his $20 Million salary next year. They will opt out of his contract and release him. And guess who he is going to follow...? That's right! Sean Payton!
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Also the Saints will NOT pay Brees his $20 Million salary next year. They will opt out of his contract and release him. And guess who he is going to follow...? That's right! Sean Payton!

My dream scenario is we get both these guys
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Compensation is only a 2nd. rounder!, We can trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder. It would be good as done , AGREE OR DISAGREE???

You would be the worlds worst negotiator.

How about...

Kap and a 6th for Payton and Drew Brees

it's like there's an echo in here
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by Eli_23:

My dream scenario is we get both these guys

Give the Saints our Charger's pick...high 5th.
Share 49ersWebzone