LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Is Payton worth the SEVENTH pick in the draft???

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is Payton worth the SEVENTH pick in the draft???

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
They aren't going to ask for a 1st rounder lol.... Lock this thread up.
Originally posted by Janitor:
They aren't going to ask for a 1st rounder lol.... Lock this thread up.

how bout for a 3rd or 4th?? would u do it?

No way. We are keeping the 7th pick.
Why would you get Payton while loosing your 1st round pick when you can when you can get Hue Jackson, Sean McDermott or other elite coordinator/NCAA HC and maintain you 1st round pick?
Maybe a 7th rounder
Personally, I'd be willing to give up one 2nd rounder.

Am I crazy for that?
Originally posted by joaosoarrs99:
Why would you get Payton while loosing your 1st round pick when you can when you can get Hue Jackson, Sean McDermott or other elite coordinator/NCAA HC and maintain you 1st round pick?

exACTly So why does everyone want Peyton?? http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/184389-who-you-want-head-coach-please-vote/

He will cost AT LEAST a 3rd rounder ESPECIALLY to an NFC team!
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Am I crazy for that?

2nd this year and 2nd next year for Bree's and Payton.

Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Am I crazy for that?

2nd this year and 2nd next year for Bree's and Payton.

People need to lay down the pipe. There is no reason Drew Brees would want to come here. I don't think Payton would either, but Brees isn't going to end his career playing on a terrible team if he can avoid it. I don't want him coming here on a one year deal for $20 million either. What would be the point? To see if we can win 7/8 games and finish with a terrible draft pick do he can move on to another team to finish his career?

I'd give up a 4th round pick for Payton and nothing for Brees.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
An elite coach is worth even more, considering how many top 10 picks are complete busts. But Payton isn't elite, just very good. His stock has gone down but I still hope we get him and we should be able to without giving up a first rounder.
Guy is going to get fired anyways
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If Peyton isn't worth a 7th round, then that would mean Kap is worth about a 14th rounder
Hell no. Saints have no interest in keeping Payton. They would settle for far less imo
Share 49ersWebzone