Next up -- Chuck Pagano.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Report: Colts plan to fire Pagano, undecided on Grigson wp.me/p14QSB-9X59
This thread is going to get busy Monday
Let the Harbaugh to Colts rumor begin
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones said coach Jason Garrett is "safe."

"Change isn't always the right answer. We're not big believers in it," Jones said. "Jason, a year ago, everyone thought he hung the moon. That's the terrible thing about this business: You take one year, and change everything. This doesn't faze us, it won't faze us." There was some talk Garrett could be on the hot seat, but a change was never going to happen. Garrett signed a five-year, $30 million contract in January and is the perfect coach for Stephen's media hungry father. More importantly, Garrett was not the issue this season. If Tony Romo can stay healthy next season and Dallas can find some complementary playmakers next to a hopefully healthy Dez Bryant, this team will be fine.

Even though I disagree with Jones, in their case it would be the right answer cause Garrett sucks. With that said, that's what I call a solid owner and one I'd want to work for, an ownership that has your back. I can't say the same for Jed York, he needs to learn from Stephen Jones what it means to be an owner of one of the best franchises in all of sports.

We got a little kid running the 49ers, the head coach hurts his feelings then next thing you know he fires him.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Black Monday looms....
All I care about is Tomsula getting fired
Grigson screwed over Pagano at Indy-

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/grigson-is-painted-as-micromanager-who-undermined-pagano/

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/31/grigson-is-painted-as-micromanager-who-undermined-pagano/

Yeah. Grigson makes Baalke seem like a real hands off kinda guy.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Yeah. Grigson makes Baalke seem like a real hands off kinda guy.

Part of me thinks that Baalke never had full confidence in Tomsula, and has resorted to micro-managing the staff thinking he knows better because this was York's hire, not Baalke.

But that's small potatoes vs. the stuff Grigson did in Indy.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Part of me thinks that Baalke never had full confidence in Tomsula, and has resorted to micro-managing the staff thinking he knows better because this was York's hire, not Baalke.

But that's small potatoes vs. the stuff Grigson did in Indy.
You could tell at Tomsula's introductory press conference that Baalke wanted someone else. His body language and interrupting Jim about running the ball. Then all the reports about the second meeting with Gase and the stipulations for keeping Tomsula on staff as a DC. This was all Jed.
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Why would he leaves Michigan where he's loved, respected on his authority and full control on player personnel...just for Luck and Gore? Nahh. Specially since he would have to deal with another Jed York (Irsay) and Trent Baalke (Grigson)...
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by NIMV4683:
Originally posted by ninerjok:

Why would he leaves Michigan where he's loved, respected on his authority and full control on player personnel...just for Luck and Gore? Nahh. Specially since he would have to deal with another Jed York (Irsay) and Trent Baalke (Grigson)...

oooooor maybe because Harbaugh played for the colts lol....
Share 49ersWebzone