LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Bills to cut Mario Williams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Report: Bills have decided they're cutting Mario Williams this offseason (now go play hard against the Jets, Mario) wp.me/p14QSB-9X4H
Another case of the talented getting paid, lazy and quasi retired.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I would have never guessed he would be cut.
No surprise. Big contract. Doesn't really fit in Rex Ryans D. Same sort of reason he left Houston after wade Phillips came in and switched to a 3-4.
Hates the 3-4 and he showed it. He was lazy all year. If he goes to a 4-3 team like the Panthers he could revive his career
He had 14.5 sacks in 2014. Down year in 2015 but could be a steal somewhere.
Originally posted by genz22:

Won't be a steal for anyone. He will get paid again. A team will throw a boatload of money at him.
Originally posted by strickac:

Won't be a steal for anyone. He will get paid again. A team will throw a boatload of money at him.

I doubt that. He's up in age now and has really had 2/3 good seasons max. He'll get a reasonable contract
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Who?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by strickac:

I doubt that. He's up in age now and has really had 2/3 good seasons max. He'll get a reasonable contract

Hardy got signed for $13M this year. It only takes one and there are a lot of desperate teams in FA.

Didn't even know he was still in the league
"An anonymous Bills teammate says LE Mario Williams has been giving "zero effort" this season.
Williams has four sacks in 852 snaps. "The tape speaks for itself," the teammate said. "He takes two steps and stops." The player claimed many of Williams' teammates have been "beyond furious" with his play. Whether it's a lack of effort, poor scheme fit or both, it's looking certain that Week 17 will be Williams' final game in a Bills uniform."
Originally posted by Niners99:
"An anonymous Bills teammate says LE Mario Williams has been giving "zero effort" this season.
Williams has four sacks in 852 snaps. "The tape speaks for itself," the teammate said. "He takes two steps and stops." The player claimed many of Williams' teammates have been "beyond furious" with his play. Whether it's a lack of effort, poor scheme fit or both, it's looking certain that Week 17 will be Williams' final game in a Bills uniform."

It's probably Hughes. He's pretty fiery and plays hard. I could see him saying that.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Jimmy T could light a fire under his ass....and give him Twitter breaks too!!!
I can see the raiders going after Mario since Aldon is suspended. He would do great opposite Mack for their defense.

If not, the cowboys would be interested but I'm not sure they have the cap space.
Share 49ersWebzone