There are 294 users in the forums

If Chip Kelly calls for Kap...

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Hell no. If we trade Kaep we better get draft picks. This team is going nowhere fast. Need young talent on rookie contracts, not marginal over paid RBs.

Agreed.

+2

So, you will be happier with say a 4th round pick than Demarco Murray?? You know teams don't really need to trade for Kap right cos he isn't worth anything since the 9ers will be cutting him no matter what?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
you know what rascal...this idea isnt too farfetched. Both players badly underperformed, have big contracts, need a new scenery, and have potential that can be exploited on another team.

Would love the idea of Hyde and Murray. Two huge backs with good speed. We would need to invest in that offensive line though

No doubt. I am pretty confident that the line will be much improved given we have $60 mil of cap room to do some major shopping with.

I think it will be a dream RB tandem!!
Originally posted by Rascal:
Hell no. If we trade Kaep we better get draft picks. This team is going nowhere fast. Need young talent on rookie contracts, not marginal over paid RBs.

Agreed.

+2

So, you will be happier with say a 4th round pick than Demarco Murray?? You know teams don't really need to trade for Kap right cos he isn't worth anything since the 9ers will be cutting him no matter what?

Yes but our savvy PR team is throwing curve ball press releases stating the team's full intention of keeping Kap because he's part of "future plans"
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by judodono:
Yes but our savvy PR team is throwing curve ball press releases stating the team's full intention of keeping Kap because he's part of "future plans"

LOL, yea I can't believe they think people are that stupid.
Um we don't need a 10m dollar running back or a 12m dollar backup qb.

If kap restructures, sure.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Um we don't need a 10m dollar running back or a 12m dollar backup qb.

If kap restructures, sure.

Is something to consider if we are serious about getting this offense going. We start off by drafting Jared Goff, with any luck he will become our next franchise QB and will transform our passing game together with other upgrades such as O-line, WRs and in this case RBs. The stronger our running game is the stronger our passing game will be and vice versa.

This is not the time for saving money. We need impact players, we need talents that can make plays. To add, we will have over $60 mil of cap room, what's $8 mil for Demarco Murray in the bigger scheme of things? If we can pull it off, it will be small change. It will surely help us to expedite this rebuilding process.
Hell no I don't make that trade. Murray is a product of the Dallas line. What he's done in Philly is evidence of what kind of production we could expect in SF imo.

The op is right, he doesn't fit the Eagles system. They don't have a stud o-line opening moving truck size lanes for him anymore. (I know I know I exaggerate).
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Hell no I don't make that trade. Murray is a product of the Dallas line. What he's done in Philly is evidence of what kind of production we could expect in SF imo.

The op is right, he doesn't fit the Eagles system. They don't have a stud o-line opening moving truck size lanes for him anymore. (I know I know I exaggerate).

Err, N-O, no.

I guess you haven't been watching any football at all this season huh? Tell me which Cowboys RB is going to hit 1,800 yards this season.
[ Edited by Rascal on Dec 27, 2015 at 6:52 AM ]
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
In a heartbeat. See reason #1. Love Hyde, but until he proves he can get through an entire season, I see him as an injury waiting to happen.

Murray is a very good back. Even in Kelly's system (which does not fit him at all) you can see flashes. The talent is there.

Salary cap is a non-issue. 9ers have plenty of cap room and you could do a lot worse in FA than DeMarco Murray. For example, you could spend $7.5M in cap space on Dockett, Wright, and Bush and get zero production from them.

This team isn't going to be good for awhile. Running the rock and playing small ball is the best option until you can find and develop a legit quarterback. So, load up on RB's and run the hell out of the ball. Minimize turnovers, control the clock, keep it close and try to squeak out a win in the 4th quarter. Personally, I'm sick of that kind of football but given our situation - thank you Jed and Trent - it's the best option.
I'd take a conditional 7th rounder on the condition that the Niners win 6 straight Super Bowls for Kaepernick.

Agreed.

+2

+3.
Also....I had a very bad dream that Buffalo fired Ryan, and while he would be an upgrade to Tomfoola, I really don't want Ryan as our head coach!!!!
I woke up screaming..
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The reason a 'Kap for Murray' trade works and a 'Kap for a draft pick' doesn't is that the former allows both teams to move on from bad contractual situations compared to the production.

Murray only has one "bad" year left on his deal. Then it's quite easy to move on -- especially with the cap room we will have over the next year or two.

Hyde/Murray/Draughn
or
Hyde/Murray/Draft Pick

Both of these situations will greatly help out Gabbert or a newly drafted QB at little cost.
Hyde and Murray would be a great tandem to pair with our rookie QB, Goff.

Revamp the OL this offseason, with a dream scenario involving signing Mack
  • MikeD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
I have kind of mentioned it before in some posts and some might view it as somewhat crazy, but I am going to ask it anyway.

What if Chip Kelly calls to trade for Kap and even without Baalke asking he offers to unload Demarco Murray? Would you take him?

Personally, I would be very intrigued and here is why:

1) Carlos Hyde while good, I just can't see him being able to handle such a heavy amount of carries like at the start of this season, eventually he will get injured like he did.

2) To me, I see the ideal RB situation a bit like the Packers with 2 major backs splitting the load between Lacy and Starks. Likewise, we can do that with Murray and Hyde as a major 1-2 punch attack.

3) Demarco Murray is totally legit, it is only Chip Kelly's BS college spread offense that fxxked him up. He is a north-south runner and will fit perfectly with our power run schemes especially after we totally revamp our O-line in this coming offseason since we will have a massive $60 mil of cap room to go shopping with, not to mention the draft too.

4) Yes, Murray might be expensive, but Carlos Hyde is still on his cheap rookie contract and signed through to the end of the 2017 season, so why not at least make use of Murray for a couple of years and see what he can bring to the table?

5) If Chip Kelly wants to trade for Kap, he knows he probably won't need to offer much. In other words, if he doesn't offer to offload Murray, realistically you are most likely talking about a mid to low round pick, may be a 4th at best perhaps.

So, what do you think?

I think you should be the next niner GM
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MikeD:
I think you should be the next niner GM

LOL. Thanks, man.

In the meantime, let's remind us of what Demarco Murray can do.

Share 49ersWebzone