There are 172 users in the forums

NFL MVP

Shop 49ers game tickets

NFL MVP

Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Cam's a bit of a tool but the boy is straight ballin right now. Amazing what good line play and health can do for him. Don't like him personally but likely having a career year even minus his #1 receiver. Making Ginn look like a NFL caliber receiver which in itself is a feat.

ya people just dont like him because he's a "thug" and dances.
Gtfo with that crap People don't like him because he isn't that good but acts like he's the best QB in the league smh this pc bs is getting on my last nerve. You want to have a convo about sports go ahead but don't try and use politically correct crap to win an argument, its lame.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Cam's a bit of a tool but the boy is straight ballin right now. Amazing what good line play and health can do for him. Don't like him personally but likely having a career year even minus his #1 receiver. Making Ginn look like a NFL caliber receiver which in itself is a feat.

Gtfo with that crap People don't like him because he isn't that good but acts like he's the best QB in the league smh this pc bs is getting on my last nerve. You want to have a convo about sports go ahead but don't try and use politically correct crap to win an argument, its lame.

he isn't that good? lol. seems like im right. hes a "thug" and he dances.
It's Cam's to lose from here on out.
[ Edited by SportOvaFilmTV on Dec 24, 2015 at 5:39 PM ]
Not even close, it's Cam.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The Panthers are the quietest undefeated team in NFL history. Cam does it week in and week out. Just to think several years ago Kap's star was brighter and there was no question (at least by Niner fans) that he was better than Cam or Wilson. How fast things change. Cam MVP.

I hope they go 19-0 and quiet the 72 dolphin talk for good

So do I. I wanted the Patriots to do it too.

Seems like you cant win an argument w/o throwing in prejudice bs. Hes good but isn't that good, that's how I feel about the guy and you cant stand it so much that you have to label people racist/prejudice? nice try putting words in my/others mouth you just look stupid.

Seems like you cant win an argument w/o throwing in prejudice bs. Hes good but isn't that good, that's how I feel about the guy and you cant stand it so much that you have to label people racist/prejudice? nice try putting words in my/others mouth you just look stupid.

so now he's good, but not that good? which kind of good is he? how many different type of goods are there? im just trying to decode your english here, so i wont look stupid
lol- you can definitely tell this is a 49er MB. Wilson hasn't received one vote.

I just added Alex, and within one minute he's already at 4%....lol
[ Edited by InsertNameHere on Dec 25, 2015 at 10:20 AM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Newton's flamboyance gets him a lot of recognition. Also 14-0 says a lot. His running ability is also huge. Still, I don't see him as a clear winner.

Palmer is throwing the ball better than anyone. PERIOD He also see the game well. Not a clear winner either but he would deserve a majority vote, IMO.

Brady cannot be overlooked because he has kept that team in contention despite losing so many receivers and RBs. He IS the offense.

And yes, I would put Alex Smith in the conversation because without him the Chiefs would not be a .500 team. He has put the pieces together to make it work.

Wilson is on a hot streak right now but he is not as singly responsible for the team's success as the above group.

really? Alex with his 16 TD passes should be in the conversation? but not Wilson who has 29 TDs on the season, including 19 TD passes in the last 5 games? he's almost averaging 4 TD passes in the last 5 games, but he's not responsible for his teams success while Alex is?

Newton is also putting up great numbers, with a poor running game and garbage at WR (unless you consider Ted Ginn a good WR lol). to me Newton is the clear MVP this season and most see it that way to.
There is much more than just the number of TD passes thrown. Alex manages that offense in way that allows everyone to be successfully involved. His LOS adjustments have been mentioned by numerous pro observers as the principal reason the run game has been so successful despite one of the lowest rated OLs in the league. KC lost an All Pro running back that had been the centerpiece of the offense and Alex has been able to orchestrate a complete change that has made the offense BETTER than when Charles was still there. For all those reasons, he deserves to be in the conversation.

Wilson has been on a tear recently but Smith's performance has been season-long.

Carolina's run game is not poor by any means. Jonathan Stewart will go over 1,000 yards this week with a 4.1 yard average. He is 5th in the league in rushing.
There is much more than just the number of TD passes thrown. Alex manages that offense in way that allows everyone to be successfully involved. His LOS adjustments have been mentioned by numerous pro observers as the principal reason the run game has been so successful despite one of the lowest rated OLs in the league. KC lost an All Pro running back that had been the centerpiece of the offense and Alex has been able to orchestrate a complete change that has made the offense BETTER than when Charles was still there. For all those reasons, he deserves to be in the conversation.

Wilson has been on a tear recently but Smith's performance has been season-long.

Carolina's run game is not poor by any means. Jonathan Stewart will go over 1,000 yards this week with a 4.1 yard average. He is 5th in the league in rushing.

they lost 5 games in a row at one point. his performance hasn't been season long.

• dj43
Here are some pertinent passer stats on Newton compared to Drew Brees. (I use Brees because no one is talking about him as MVP but in several categories he is having a better year than Newton.)

rating - 98.9 6th in the league, just above Brees,

TD/INT 30/10, for comparison, Brees is 28/11

% - 58.8%, not even in the top 30, lower than Kaepernick

ave - 7.7, same as Brady, less than Dalton, Roethlisberger, Wilson and far below Palmer. (Smith - 7.6, Brees 7.5)

Newton has added 580 yards rushing but for me, that alone does not clearly separate him from the others.

I still like Palmer ahead of him.
  • dj43

they lost 5 games in a row at one point. his performance hasn't been season long.

Like some lacking on Smith's part was the only reason they lost those games. FWIW, his passer rating during those 5 losses was 65 with a % of 62 despite guys dropping passes all over the place. The fact is, those losses would have been far worse had he not played as well as he did.

At that time, KC was rebuilding an OL that had lost Pro Bowl center Rodney Hudson and was playing two other guys (LDT and Reid) that made Eric Pears look good. The Denver loss was due to two Charles fumbles when they were about to go into the end zone. I won't go any deeper as you obviously have your mind set. I will only restate that Smith has had a very good year. When you actually watch how he has run that team you can clearly see what a huge influence he has not only on the play but as a team leader. He deserves consideration.
hes barely averaging 1 td pass a game. come on now, its not like the coaching staff is telling alex to only throw 1 td a game.
[ Edited by TheHYDE49er on Dec 25, 2015 at 1:20 PM ]
  • dj43
hes barely averaging 1 td pass a game. come on now, its not like the coaching staff is telling alex to only throw 1 td a game.

A comment like that suggests to me you are a fantasy league player that does not watch a lot of football. You have to dig deeper than just the box score in the evaluation of MVP consideration.

A comment like that suggests to me you are a fantasy league player that does not watch a lot of football. You have to dig deeper than just the box score in the evaluation of MVP consideration.

nope, dont play fantasy football. i just know the game well enough to know that a good QB averages more than 1 TD pass a game.
Share 49ersWebzone