LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Jason Garrett O-coordinator?

Shop 49ers game tickets
First let's assume Jed keeps Tomsula.
(Even if many of us disagree with that move)

Could Jerry Jones lose his patience with Jason Garrett?
If so, would that be Tomsula's only shot at getting a high profile o-coordinator?

Garrett has had positive things to say about Tomsula.
[ Edited by lbc49er on Dec 23, 2015 at 4:54 PM ]
why prolong Tomsula being with us... just because Garrett might get us a few more wins, Tomsula doesn't deserve it.

he shoud've never been hired...and should be let go asap.

edit- to stay on topic, there will always be other coaches out there that are looking for an opportunity to jump start/bounce back their Head Coaching careers.....even if it means in a horrible situation.

so it can be Garrett or other coaches available... they all need to still provide for their families, they'll take the gig.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 23, 2015 at 5:21 PM ]
Originally posted by lbc49er:
First let's assume Jed keeps Tomsula.
(Even if many of us disagree with that move)

Could Jerry Jones lose his patience with Jason Garrett?
If so, would that be Tomsula's only shot at getting a high profile o-coordinator?

Garrett has had positive things to say about Tomsula.

NFL Europe connection, so it could happen. Garrett has a good enough name in the league that he wouldn't be the one blamed around the league if the offense continued to stink.

That said, I think he's a digital guy, so that's a whole new set of terminology and playcalling.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I think the injuries to Dez and Romo bought Jason Garrett bought him another year as head coach.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
why prolong Tomsula being with us... just because Garrett might get us a few more wins, Tomsula doesn't deserve it.

he shoud've never been hired...and should be let go asap.

edit- to stay on topic, there will always be other coaches out there that are looking for an opportunity to jump start/bounce back their Head Coaching careers.....even if it means in a horrible situation.

so it can be Garrett or other coaches available... they all need to still provide for their families, they'll take the gig.

I agree with all that. My only thought with Garrett is that he might actually choose to work with Tomsula, even if he has other offers.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
NFL Europe connection, so it could happen. Garrett has a good enough name in the league that he wouldn't be the one blamed around the league if the offense continued to stink.

That said, I think he's a digital guy, so that's a whole new set of terminology and playcalling.

Even learning new terminology, he could at least get this offense ranked in the 20's....I'd think.
Originally posted by lazy:
I think the injuries to Dez and Romo bought Jason Garrett bought him another year as head coach.

I think your right and Dallas just signed him to a new deal. But it's Jerry Jones, you never can tell.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/12/jerry-jones-criticizes-jason-garrett-not-winning-without-tony-romo-coached-up-stunned-controversy
He could do it, figuring he takes over in another year, or ther are few other people who could be up for OC position thinking that the 9ers wont keep Tomsula long, and they like to keep things in house for promotions.
  • nj9er
  • Veteran
I'm interested to see what McAdoo does without Beckham. Coughlin may not return next year and McAdoo is running a successful version of the WCO. I've seen his name on some HC jobs but if the Giants blow up the FO and Coaching staff he may take a lateral move. Or he may just be a product of Beckham.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
They'll just promote the WR coach

Originally posted by mojave45:
He could do it, figuring he takes over in another year, or ther are few other people who could be up for OC position thinking that the 9ers wont keep Tomsula long, and they like to keep things in house for promotions.

Could be the new head coach by week 9.
[ Edited by lbc49er on Dec 23, 2015 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
They'll just promote the WR coach

Seems too obvious. Maybe assistant WR coach Ronald Curry .
Originally posted by lazy:

This. Jerry Jones love him some Garrett even more than Jed loves Tomsula.
Originally posted by lbc49er:
Originally posted by mojave45:

Could be the new head coach by week 9.

Or sooner.
heck i'd take him as the head coach!

jerry hires better puppets than jed
Share 49ersWebzone