LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

OBJ's meltdown have you ever seen worse in football or sport?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
WTF are baseball bats doing on the field. As if it is not dangerous enough out there. I am sure that is the last time anyone will be allowed to bring a bat onto a football field. Just what you need ... a bunch of steroid filled behemoths carrying around weapons.

read the full story.
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
WTF are baseball bats doing on the field. As if it is not dangerous enough out there. I am sure that is the last time anyone will be allowed to bring a bat onto a football field. Just what you need ... a bunch of steroid filled behemoths carrying around weapons.

read the full story.

It was being carried around by a guy who was not in uniform and is not even on the Carolina roster. The guy came over to the NY sideline where he didn't belong and made threatening gestures with the bat while telling Beckham he was going to end his day. Ball wasn;t motivating any Panther's with the bat, he was trying to intimidate someone with threats of violence.

I know the bat is supposedly out there for warmup but I cannot see what purpose it would serve to warm someone up nor do I understand what Ball would be warming up for.
[ Edited by TheWooLick on Dec 23, 2015 at 7:19 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Morgan49:
I don't understand the homophobic slurs. ? Did I miss something?

naw. the rest of the NFL just seems to hate him cuz he's good and gets a s**t ton of attention that most feel is not deserved. They probably just figured out that calling him a f*g, got under his skin, so they went with it.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Morgan49:
I don't understand the homophobic slurs. ? Did I miss something?

naw. the rest of the NFL just seems to hate him cuz he's good and gets a s**t ton of attention that most feel is not deserved. They probably just figured out that calling him a f*g, got under his skin, so they went with it.

heard on radio today bart scott I think say that other players have been subjected to homophobic slurs on field by other players...one was former cards and jets safety kerry rhodes, who had some provocative photos posted on the net,and former niners receiver braylon edwards
[ Edited by hofer36 on Dec 23, 2015 at 11:18 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It was being carried around by a guy who was not in uniform and is not even on the Carolina roster. The guy came over to the NY sideline where he didn't belong and made threatening gestures with the bat while telling Beckham he was going to end his day. Ball wasn;t motivating any Panther's with the bat, he was trying to intimidate someone with threats of violence.

I know the bat is supposedly out there for warmup but I cannot see what purpose it would serve to warm someone up nor do I understand what Ball would be warming up for.

No, the bat has nothing to do with Panther warm ups. According to their coach, its a "motivational symbol." So you're original thought was absolutely correct.
Share 49ersWebzone