LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

9ers interested in Johnny Manziel?! You are joking right?!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he'll be a cowboy, for sure. Jerry is hard for him.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i dream of a Tebow / Manziel backfield.

Double/triple threat option.

That worked for the Sooners back in the 70's didn't it?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Sounds like the Browns trying to stir up something.

This. Browns probably release Manziel or trade for peanuts, its been 2 yrs of the johnny show distraction, he did enough this yr that someone desperate might bite. Not us, we have Gabby :)
Originally posted by donalddole:
Sounds like the Browns trying to stir up something.

This. Browns probably release Manziel or trade for peanuts, its been 2 yrs of the johnny show distraction, he did enough this yr that someone desperate might bite. Not us, we have Gabby :)

This could have been true if it was a month earlier during the trade deadline when rumors like this come out

Browns stirring s**t up again
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 4, 2015 at 6:36 AM ]
Manziel needs that Singletary treatment IMO.
Geezus Khryst let this be a rumor and nothing else, even though he has the "potential" to be a QB in the mold of "Jeff Garcia", he doesn't possess the heart and work ethic like Jeff had, the dude is more focused on publicity and partying , lets stay clear of this Jackass
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Geezus Khryst let this be a rumor and nothing else, even though he has the "potential" to be a QB in the mold of "Jeff Garcia", he doesn't possess the heart and work ethic like Jeff had, the dude is more focused on publicity and partying , lets stay clear of this Jackass

The Browns want to get something back for him, the Cowboys are pretty much the only team that is interested, its hard to maximize compensation if you can only get one team interested so you have them floating stories about other teams to try and generate a market for Johnny 8-Ball.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

The Browns want to get something back for him, the Cowboys are pretty much the only team that is interested, its hard to maximize compensation if you can only get one team interested so you have them floating stories about other teams to try and generate a market for Johnny 8-Ball.

Very true ...could be a smoke screen from Johnnie's agent
Please, God, no.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol no way we bring in another problem child. I could see the Cowboys doing it. Sounds like the Browns trying to stir up something.

Browns working HORD to create that trade market for Manziel.

Yup that's all that is going on here

difference between rumor and pure speculation. This is pure speculation
Not. Gonna. Happen.

This is just somebody seeing a team that needs a QB and a QB might be on the market. Its 1 plus 1 equals 256.

Do I think the Niners have looked at him? Sure they have. They'll look at EVERY QB they could get their hands on. Its only prudent...but that doesn't make SF a potential landing spot.
Why not? Bring him in, Aldon back, sign Ray Rice, trade for Hardy. Any other problem children in the NFL that need a home? Who cares at this point, our team is a laughing stock, add something fun to the conversation, at least we will be on sportscenter every day.

On a real note, I did see this on SC last night, about bringing Johny to SF. What a joke. No way this happens. Hes either going to Dallas to learn under Romo or to the CFL. Marginal talent, terrible off the field, Dallas is the only fit.
  • Kense
  • Veteran
I thought the 49ers were about Class?
Originally posted by Kense:
I thought the 49ers were about Class?

The article clearly states, the 9ers are one of the teams that showed interest in Manziel in the past. They did not say the present, the said in the past.

There is no way no how the team is even sniffing around Manziel now.
Share 49ersWebzone