LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Scott mccloughan

Shop 49ers game tickets
So what's the reason for his mysterious departure. I know at the time it had something to do with alcohol but was it the first case of Jed not getting along with people and wanting to get rid of them?
I think he had a legit alcohol problem and needed some help. Shoulda given him a 2nd shot.

Still scotty mac drunk is better than baalke any day
Whole article on Scot talking about how his alcoholism cost him his jobs (candid about it). His drafts were very poor WHEN he was the GM. Most of the time he was not the GM. He's average.

Hopefully he's healthy now though and he can help turn things around in WA.
Originally posted by donalddole:
I think he had a legit alcohol problem and needed some help. Shoulda given him a 2nd shot.

Still scotty mac drunk is better than baalke any day

Go look at the 2 drafts(2008/2009) that McDrunky was solely responsible for and then get back to me.

He is a very good scout but man does this guy get overrated.
Rumor was that he showed up drunk to meetings around the time of his departure.
Originally posted by ninersush:
So what's the reason for his mysterious departure. I know at the time it had something to do with alcohol but was it the first case of Jed not getting along with people and wanting to get rid of them?
look at this..just trying to blame everything on the owner, lol

grow up
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ninersush:
look at this..just trying to blame everything on the owner, lol

grow up

It's hard to have too much sympathy who publicly stated "hold me accountable."

Having said that. He was pretty much shown the door in the same manner here and in Seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone