LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

QB Options for 2016

Shop 49ers game tickets
Well with the new rumors of Keapernick being gone here is,who I would like to see us go after in the off season. These are just possibilities..

1) Trade for Landry Jones from the Steelers

2) Trade for Mike Glennon from Tampa Bay

3) Pickup Matt Shaub from the Raiders

4) Sign Charlie Whitehurst of the Colts as as a backup

5) Trade for Blake Bortles of the Jaguars or trade for Drew Brees of the Saints.

I would be,very happy if at least one idea were to happen! Go Niners.
Drew Brees with Sean Payton as HC. Draft a QB early and let him sit for 2 years
  • Ike49
Originally posted by Matt49erfanforever74:
Well with the new rumors of Keapernick being gone here is,who I would like to see us go after in the off season. These are just possibilities..

5) Trade for Blake Bortles of the Jaguars or trade for Drew Brees of the Saints.

Would rather get hit with a sledgehammer right in the nads instead of any of those options. Thanks, but no, no, no, no and no.
LMFAO trade for bortles!? Why the hell would Jacksonville trade him? 2nd year qb who's steadily improving and they're building something good on offense with the weapons they're surrounding him with. I'm trading for Glennon or Metenberger while taking a qb in the draft to compete all this will be a moot point if Gabbert shows promise and plays like a former 1st rd pick
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Nov 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM ]
My head hurts.

I believe he's been released by the raiders last year and currently plays for the ravens.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

THIS.
Draft Goff and let him sit. One year, maybe two.
BOOM
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Can we just start a "Completely Hypothetical" Forum?

This is going to get out of hand.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I don't think Bortles is going anywhere lol
Landry Jones...... what is the fascination with this guy, because he had a good half versus the Cards? If he had better accuracy he'd be Troy Smith.

Mike Glennon is a realistic option I think. Beyond that obviously the dream option as one other poster mentioned is to hire Payton sign Brees, draft Goff or Lynch to replace Brees in a couple years.

First I think it would make sense to see how Gabbert does the rest of the season before trying to figure out who will be replacing him next season.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

THIS.
Draft Goff and let him sit. One year, maybe two.
BOOM
lol, if payton goes anywhere, he will go to dallas where he is loved down there and he has a chance to win now
  • KP82
Originally posted by Ike49:

Would rather get hit with a sledgehammer right in the nads instead of any of those options. Thanks, but no, no, no, no and no.

Love these kinds of posts. Posters that say no to everything, but offer up no idead of their own. What say you, then, regarding the alternative.

A. Lets see how Gabbert plays out (yes thats a given, duh)

B. Lets draft the best QB available and let Tomsula and Geep Chryst develop him.

C. I dont know, but no no no no and no to everything.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
LMFAO trade for bortles!? Why the hell would Jacksonville trade him? 2nd year qb who's steadily improving and they're building something good on offense with the weapons they're surrounding him with. I'm trading for Glennon or Metenberger while taking a qb in the draft to compete all this will be a moot point if Gabbert shows promise and plays like a former 1st rd pick

Nailed it! 100% agree with all of this
[ Edited by strickac on Nov 22, 2015 at 12:26 PM ]
Vets
Gabbart
Cousins
Kap
Maybe staffard?

And the rookies.
Please, let's keep trade talk etc within the bounds of possibility. If we are looking for a starting QB through FA we are deeper in the brown stuff than I see it.

I think we have one or both of Gabbert and Kaepernick, because I am not convinced that Kaepernick is done here. And a hi-lo doubleton in the draft. We could look for a 2nd stringer journeyman in FA maybe?
[ Edited by English on Nov 22, 2015 at 1:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone