LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Niners at Hawks more liberal smack talk thread open to opposing fans and others

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hate to say it, but I think the Niners will get properly spanked.
Originally posted by johnnystrzykalski:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Some of the posts you've made today make no sense. Cold analysis should not tell anyone that the 49ers will win this game. The Seahawks have lost 2 home games in a row, but those home games were against two of the best teams in the league right now (Carolina at 9-0 and Arizona at 7-2) and they were in both those games. How anyone could use that as evidence that their home field advantage is a myth is beyond me.

And I don't think you understand betting lines. They are constantly shifted based on betting volume to try to keep even bets on either side. The aggregated opinions of 1000's of bettors are more valuable than the opinions of the oddsmakers. Lines makers don't have to know anything about football so I don't know why it's worth mentioning that lines makers may not believe their lines will happen.

The last game was 20-3 and could have been worse if Wilson didn't make 2 terrible throws. Having said that, the 49ers did not move the ball at all that game, so he had nothing to lose chucking the ball up a couple times. The 49ers were never in that game.

Everyone betting on this game knows that Gabbert is starting this week and the Seahawks may not be as prepared for him. This is built into the 12.5-13 point line along with a 3-4 point home field advantage (Seattle has one of the larger home field advantages in the NFL). The remainder of the line is based on the Seahawks being a much better football team than the 49ers with better players and coaches. I may end up going with the 49ers against the spread, but it's a tough decision. I think our offense is anemic enough that Seattle won't feel they need to score a lot of points. I think our chance of winning this game is around 10% - it could happen, but it would be foolish to bet on the 49ers winning straight up.

The money line is at +675 for San Francisco implying our chance of winning is 12.9%, so I expect you're putting some serious money on this game if you seriously think we have better than a 50% chance of winning. The money line is -900 for Seattle, implying a 90% chance that they win.

when you lose a game at home you then have no home field advantage. I have looked at injury reports all season and the team with more injuries to key players and more players is usually the loser. I did state facts as to how betting lines work. They want everyone to bet on Seattle straight up. You are probably young and dont know how to analyze data.

The money line is -900 for Seattle, implying a 90% chance that they win.
implying? I already told you odds/lines are lies to lead you in a direction. LOL at dont think I understand betting lines.

Everyone betting on this game knows that Gabbert is starting this week and the Seahawks may not be as prepared for him. This is built into the 12.5-13 point line along with a 3-4 point home field advantage (Seattle has one of the larger home field advantages in the NFL)

wrong- they lost this so called home field advantage over the last 3 weeks. Its in the past now. If theyve never seen Gabbert then the spread should not even be as high. There is nothing at all that says new QB is worth this much and home field is worth that much. Thats all fiction. There is nothing built in to anything. They just want to see how gullible you are and what youll buy

You don't understand betting at all.

1. Bettors determine the money line and spread. Oddsmakers try to estimate what the betting volume will look like so lines are as stable as possible, but lines adjust if oddsmakers are wrong. Spreads and money lines aren't lies - they reflect how much money has been put on either side of the line.

2. If the money line is set at -900 for Seattle, that means that bettors who bet $900 on Seattle will only make a $100 profit if Seattle wins. The only way anyone makes this bet is if they think Seattle has a 90+% chance of winning which is why the implied % is 90%. If Seattle plays 10 games and wins 9, you would come out even ($100 * 9 - $900 * 1). If anything, oddsmakers have had to encourage people to bet on the 49ers straight up by offering a 675% return (+675 money line) if the 49ers win.

3. There is a ton of evidence that a home field advantage exists and it shows up in betting lines. You've shown you don't know how to analyze data and don't understand betting.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
You don't understand betting at all.

1. Bettors determine the money line and spread. Oddsmakers try to estimate what the betting volume will look like so lines are as stable as possible, but lines adjust if oddsmakers are wrong. Spreads and money lines aren't lies - they reflect how much money has been put on either side of the line.

2. If the money line is set at -900 for Seattle, that means that bettors who bet $900 on Seattle will only make a $100 profit if Seattle wins. The only way anyone makes this bet is if they think Seattle has a 90+% chance of winning which is why the implied % is 90%. If Seattle plays 10 games and wins 9, you would come out even ($100 * 9 - $900 * 1). If anything, oddsmakers have had to encourage people to bet on the 49ers straight up by offering a 675% return (+675 money line) if the 49ers win.

3. There is a ton of evidence that a home field advantage exists and it shows up in betting lines. You've shown you don't know how to analyze data and don't understand betting.

speads are in fact lies. They are made up. There is no pre supposed ratings they use to figure anything out. They are bait to lead bettors.
I of course know plenty how lines work because I use them to make choices in pickems and I'm right more often then i'm wrong.
Gambling by its very nature is a lie. Its supposed to be a dishonest business.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Never understood why/how 49ers fans can talk so much s**t considering the Seahawks have owned them for the past 3 years including '15.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Never understood why/how 49ers fans can talk so much s**t considering the Seahawks have owned them for the past 3 years including '15.

.500 or below dont own anyone.

its because history is on 49ers side more than Seahawks,... why else?
Originally posted by FL9er:

Because the Niners have 5 SB wins and the Hawks have 1. Therefore Niner fans can talk as much trash as they want to Seahawk fans, despite the fact that as fans we didn't win any SBs and contributed nothing to our teams (just using the same logic that I was called out on in the other thread).
[ Edited by zaghawk on Nov 22, 2015 at 8:04 PM ]
??

This is just what most fans do, believe their team will pull it together and win. Has nothing to do with history or 49ers permanent state as one of few organizations with a football dynasty.

Just like kool-aid drinking cawk fans too blind to see their ship is sinking like a rock.
Share 49ersWebzone