LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

Why aren't the Broncos being fined?

Shop 49ers game tickets
According to Kubiak after the game, they were aware that Manning was already injured before going into this game. To the point where he said it was probably a mistake to even start Manning. Yet, Manning wasn't listed on the injury report? Now this may be a little of Kubiak trying to take the spotlight away from Manning's horrible performance by falling on the sword himself - but he made it pretty clear the team was aware he was injured.

Am I wrong, or is this not against league rules and should result in a fine against the Broncos. They were aware of an injury but kept that off the injury report. I am thinking a team (Saints?) got fined for this a few years ago.
Remember when we played the Steelers on MNF. The blackout game. Big Ben was obviously hurt playing on one leg and Aldon and Justin destroyed him all night.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
Remember when we played the Steelers on MNF. The blackout game. Big Ben was obviously hurt playing on one leg and Aldon and Justin destroyed him all night.

That was my favorite MNF of this decade.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

that was a great game. we did nothing wrong that night

Haha my friend, a die-hard Steelers fan, still never lets me forget about that game and how the niners purposely knocked out the power to create the delay so Big Ben's painkillers would wear off.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Nov 17, 2015 at 5:19 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Haha my friend, a die-hard Steelers fan, still never lets me forget about that game and how the niners purposely knocked out the power to create the delay so Big Ben's painkillers would wear off.

lol remind him of Max Starks getting absolutely abused by Aldon and Justin on nearly every down. No amount of painkillers were going to save Ben that night.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

We owned them that night. Man I miss that season.

I was front row for that game and we got to talk to and shake hands with Jed... I could see in his crusty little eyes he would ruin everything.
Aldon was unblockable late in that game. His most dominate performance, IMO. Great game
That is a dumb rule though. Teams shouldn't have to disclose specific injures, IMO. It gives defenders a target area to focus on.

I hope they finally do away with this requirement in the offseason.

• KID9R
  • Veteran
He was on the injury report the week before with a "foot" injury.

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?team=DEN
[ Edited by KID9R on Nov 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
Aldon was unblockable late in that game. His most dominate performance, IMO. Great game

Agree. Funny how Aldon was the guy that hurt Ben this season too. I guess Aldon likes to abuse Ben. lol
Originally posted by E-49er:

Agree. Funny how Aldon was the guy that hurt Ben this season too. I guess Aldon likes to abuse Ben. lol

Yea he was a beast in this game. But I think his best game was vs the Bears on MNF. Had like 6-7 sacks
He was listed on the Saturday report with Rib cage injury.
That is a dumb rule though. Teams shouldn't have to disclose specific injures, IMO. It gives defenders a target area to focus on.

I hope they finally do away with this requirement in the offseason.

Although I agree with you, the NFL will never do away with this requirement. It is there primarily for the sports betters that care more about the likelihood off playing, more than the specific injury.

And my mistake then, I guess. I hadn't seen Manning on the injury report when I looked - I must have missed it.
Share 49ersWebzone