LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

The Legacy of Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SofaKing:
No guarantee we would have won the SB with Peyton. Denver's teams were stacked with talent too, and they failed to win it.

That's been the legacy of Manning's career. Most prolific QB statistically, but fell short in the playoffs more than he should have.

This^^
He still won one SB & that's better than none, so his legacy is fine... He just can't claim to be the single best player/QB of all-time, but he's still one of the best ever & that ain't a bad thing.
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
No guarantee we would have won the SB with Peyton. Denver's teams were stacked with talent too, and they failed to win it.

That's been the legacy of Manning's career. Most prolific QB statistically, but fell short in the playoffs more than he should have.

This^^
He still won one SB & that's better than none, so his legacy is fine... He just can't claim to be the single best player/QB of all-time, but he's still one of the best ever & that ain't a bad thing.

Manning can't hold Brady's jock strap and I hate Brady
Manning would have absolutely won a SB with the Niners in '11 & '12
He's top 30 right behind young
He crumbles in the playoffs so I can't say he would have led us to a Super Bowl win if he was here.
His QBR today was 0.1, I think that is worse than Kaep against AZ. I never thought he would be the reason a team is being held back.
He did say before that he didn't want to be in the nfc and keep Eli out of the sb but yeah we would have been amazing if he had come
Anyone else comfortable enough to admit that they enjoy watching the downfall of this annoying petulant child like I am?

I seriously root hard against this guy.....in order of hatred it is:

1) Wilson
2) Peyton Manning
3) Eli Manning
4) Joe Flacco

I get pleasure when these guys fail.

You have 3 Niner foes on there, and the petulant child Peyton Manning, who the league and media cannot hide its infatuation for......
  • KP82
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Anyone else comfortable enough to admit that they enjoy watching the downfall of this annoying petulant child like I am?

I seriously root hard against this guy.....in order of hatred it is:

1) Wilson
2) Peyton Manning
3) Eli Manning
4) Joe Flacco

I get pleasure when these guys fail.

You have 3 Niner foes on there, and the petulant child Peyton Manning, who the league and media cannot hide its infatuation for......

Romo would be close to the top of that list for me. I have nothing against Romo, but I love the screen shots of Jerry in the booth squirming in agony when the 'Boys f**k up.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
All hail the exhaulted one! Peytonicus Manning hath bestowed his glory upon our game and we are eternally indebted to his greatness. May we all be insured Nationwide and feast upon Papa Johns in his honor.

Dude is shot.
Originally posted by SportOvaFilmTV:
This^^

He's the best I've ever seen. This season he shouldn't be playing. Mentally he's here, but his body is feeling him. Personally I don't think SBs should be a measure of a player. It takes a whole team to win it all.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
it was funny and pathetic to hear the announcers crying and making excuses for "peyton" and rodgers
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Id take Montana/Brady over any other QB

Would have to get a good kicker to go with Brady.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Sports fans always make excuses for former superstar players. We do it all the time. We hold on to stuff that isn't there anymore. Peyton is the current example. Niners fans still have love for Eddie D (a convicted felon and the sole reason the Yorks have ownership). Emmitt Smith in his final years. Jerry Rice. Brett Favre. And the list goes on.

It's okay to say that people who USED TO BE good are simply not professional grade anymore. It's athletics -- it happens. Saying a former great sucks doesn't mean you're disloyal to your team or sport. It just means they suck now and can't help you win games. That's all it means.
Share 49ersWebzone